strange noise - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 11-06-2012, 2:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

strange noise

Hii, just bought a 929 blade only my second bike.great bike just makes a single click noise as its reved up in the neutral position ,at about 2500 rev range can anyone put my mind to rest as im pretty sure its coming from the exhaust. THANX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-07-2012, 4:23 AM

Reputation Power: 113

Re: strange noise

The exhaust valve rotates at 3000 rpm ... is that where it's coming from?

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-07-2012, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky91 View Post
The exhaust valve rotates at 3000 rpm ... is that where it's coming from?
Thanx for that , thats what i was thinking it must be, just womderd if anyone else out there had the same noise coming from what sounds like the exhaust.bike seems ok but never rode a blade before fingers crossed its ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-07-2012, 1:06 PM

Reputation Power: 12

My bike does the same. I have an aftermarket Scorpion high mount ... should be normal. If you have a clicking noise coming from the engine though, probably time to get the valves adjusted.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-07-2012, 3:16 PM Thread Starter

cheers for that. i have a an akropovic exhaust on mine like i said quite new to biking,only ever had a 600 hornet before this bike the hornet never had any unusal sounds.Only had the bike two weeks but its had the vavles recently done and the sound only occurs as the throttle is first opened ,just wanted peace of mind this is normal.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-07-2012, 7:15 PM

My 929 is kinda noisy all around, at first I thought it was the bike.ive been fortunate enought that a do worker rides a 01 929 and a client rides an erion edition. They all sound about the same. I've pinned my exhaust open at 180 degrees (tab is facing up). Got rid of that awful clunk your talking about. I also removed the airbox flapper.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-08-2012, 1:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holder View Post
My 929 is kinda noisy all around, at first I thought it was the bike.ive been fortunate enought that a do worker rides a 01 929 and a client rides an erion edition. They all sound about the same. I've pinned my exhaust open at 180 degrees (tab is facing up). Got rid of that awful clunk your talking about. I also removed the airbox flapper.
Thats peace of mind cheers read somewhere that opening the exhaust flap,can affect midrange power . Have you experienced any problems .Also read about the air flap mod supposed to take five minutes it said on the left hand side of the bike theres a pipe u can reach disconnect it and plug it.When iv looked cant see a pipe ,maybe its already been done am i looking in the rite place , and is it worth doing.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-08-2012, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonian View Post
Thats peace of mind cheers read somewhere that opening the exhaust flap,can affect midrange power . Have you experienced any problems .Also read about the air flap mod supposed to take five minutes it said on the left hand side of the bike theres a pipe u can reach disconnect it and plug it.When iv looked cant see a pipe ,maybe its already been done am i looking in the rite place , and is it worth doing.
The air-flap would be under the tank in the airbox, not on the exhaust. I have heard mixed reviews about this. Too get real gains, the best and most expensive option is to get a full-exhaust and get rid of the HTEV. I think the HTEV is what you are refercing above regarding disconnecting and unplugging.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-08-2012, 5:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyhardryan16 View Post
The air-flap would be under the tank in the airbox, not on the exhaust. I have heard mixed reviews about this. Too get real gains, the best and most expensive option is to get a full-exhaust and get rid of the HTEV. I think the HTEV is what you are refercing above regarding disconnecting and unplugging.
Going to remove air flap tomorrow,probably leave exhaust flap as is as got a akropovic end can ,and dont fancy shelling out for a full system bit of a tight arse.just cant wait for next year to really ride the bike hard really impressed with what iv seen so far ,thought my first bike the hornet was a nice bike but this is something different

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page