How to "fix" the 34/35 HTEV MIL without servo motor - Page 2 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 40 Old 02-13-2013, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: How to "fix" the 34/35 HTEV MIL without servo motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.like.pot.pies View Post
Sooo.... Could you completly remove the htev; and relace it with a 4:1 collector and have a "gp" style exhaust?? I'm just trying to learn, But I am curious. Does this comple tely take away the code safely or does it trick the computer into not showing you the warning light? Meaning; the bike still knows somthing is wrong but it cant show you because you bypassed its warning light?

I think what you're asking is does the MIL cause any problems with the bike even though the light is no longer flashing?
No, the HVIX MIL codes have _no_ effect on the running of the engine at all. All the warning light is telling you is that the servo motor is either not positioned correctly or is not moving correctly - it does not make any changes at the ECU for any problems with the servo motor.
Blockage of the HTEV valve or the airbox flapper will cause fueling problems though, regardless of whether you have MIL warnings.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 40 Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.like.pot.pies View Post
Sooo.... Could you completly remove the htev; and relace it with a 4:1 collector and have a "gp" style exhaust?? I'm just trying to learn, But I am curious. Does this comple tely take away the code safely or does it trick the computer into not showing you the warning light? Meaning; the bike still knows somthing is wrong but it cant show you because you bypassed its warning light?
Yes you can make your own header back exhuast just search GP exhaust here and you'll get a dozen threads about people that have done it.

As for the how the capacitor and resistors work is the installed capacitor (like a batery) collects a 5volt charge and sends a stabil signal back to the ECU that: 1.) the HTEV is in the correct position and 2.) the servo is working properly with the data it's receiving

This mod is simply replicating the response a working Servo and HTEV system would send to the ECU. It's not hurting anything. The only alternative would be to reprogram the ECU somehow to not have to perform this function.

This might help you too:
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/how...ml#post1111542
post #18 of 40 Old 02-13-2013, 1:35 AM

Reputation Power: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
I think what you're asking is does the MIL cause any problems with the bike even though the light is no longer flashing?
No, the HVIX MIL codes have _no_ effect on the running of the engine at all. All the warning light is telling you is that the servo motor is either not positioned correctly or is not moving correctly - it does not make any changes at the ECU for any problems with the servo motor.
Blockage of the HTEV valve or the airbox flapper will cause fueling problems though, regardless of whether you have MIL warnings.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCBR View Post
Yes you can make your own header back exhuast just search GP exhaust here and you'll get a dozen threads about people that have done it.

As for the how the capacitor and resistors work is the installed capacitor (like a batery) collects a 5volt charge and sends a stabil signal back to the ECU that: 1.) the HTEV is in the correct position and 2.) the servo is working properly with the data it's receiving

This mod is simply replicating the response a working Servo and HTEV system would send to the ECU. It's not hurting anything. The only alternative would be to reprogram the ECU somehow to not have to perform this function.

This might help you too:
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/how...ml#post1111542
Easy to understand. That will help.

Thanks guys.

No matter how full your life may seem there is always room for a few beers with friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 40 Old 03-31-2013, 3:27 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Larry
Is this topic to erase MIL 34/35 work out for you

For my case, not yet??? I have HISS system and Non HISS CBR929rr, both can not be done...something wrong with it?
post #20 of 40 Old 03-31-2013, 3:30 PM Thread Starter
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hung View Post
Larry
Is this topic to erase MIL 34/35 work out for you

For my case, not yet??? I have HISS system and Non HISS CBR929rr, both can not be done...something wrong with it?

The MIL doesn't bother me so I've never tried to remove it.
I really see no value at all in making such an effort.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #21 of 40 Old 06-09-2013, 5:11 PM

Reputation Power: 7

I installed the capacitor and resistors as described. My light is still on. It still flashes "34". Is there something else I need to do? clear the codes? or should it just shut off after I install the resistors/capacitor?

-Sly-
post #22 of 40 Old 04-01-2014, 2:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

It should just shut off as it should be detecting a "working servo". I have seen many people say that it does work, and just as many say that it does not work. I'm with Larry on this one, wasted money and effort. My MIL has been lit up since I replaced the standard exhaust with a full Ti Arata system, annoying at first, but you get used to it. Also worthy of note is the fact that the MIL will not flash once the transmission is engaged (put in gear), so the blinking is only annoying when I'm warming the bike up. Since I'm typically smoking a cig at this time, I don't pay it mind anyway =)

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #23 of 40 Old 05-06-2014, 2:58 AM

Reputation Power: 16

I tried this recently and had no luck. Light has been on forever and will remain on. Oh well.

2001 Erion 929 Race Bike
1998 Ducati 748
2002 CR125/CR500 Aluminum Conversion
1994 CR500 Completely Built
2000CR250/CR500 Conversion In Process
1950 Indian Warrior 500cc Vertical Twin
1995 Mustang Cobra Turbo Built 820rwhp/879ftlbs
post #24 of 40 Old 05-30-2014, 5:39 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

so just a little info if anyone can answer, i just bought a 954 that has had the flapper in the air box removed but the cable is still sticking up in the airbox. im not showing any FI light on the display. my question is should i go ahead and remove the cable and servo motor and do this mod or will there be any benefit to doing this? does this same servo motor also operate the exhaust flap? if i do this mod will the FI light come on after i hook up the new plug after removing the motor? or as long as its not showing i can remove the motor and add the module n never expect to see the FI light as long as the module was made correctly n is functioning as it should?
post #25 of 40 Old 05-30-2014, 5:57 PM

Yes the same servo controls the airbox flap and exhaust valve. Since the airbox flap is removed you could silicone the holes and remove the cables. No real gain except weight loss and decluttering. You could also rotate the valve to a position you prefer and lock it in place. Again, for street, no real benefit. If you do lock the exhaust in place you will remove the cables from the exhaust to the servo. At that time you have another couple of options. Leave the servo and no FI light. Remove the servo and deal with a light. Remove the servo and wire as above and maybe have a light. Or, remove the servo and install a known good servo delete module and get no light. I tried the above procedure but had no luck. it may have been me or the componets I used. I am fairly electrically inclined and do not want to blame myself but you never know. If you are inclined to remove the servo and exhaust valve try the above for $10 and see what happens for you. If this is a street bike then you you may want to just leave it.

2001 Erion 929 Race Bike
1998 Ducati 748
post #26 of 40 Old 05-30-2014, 6:20 PM

thanks zfrilly3 for the info. its my first honda street bike n yeah its just street use. i really dont even know why the previous owner removed the flapper. he had the snorkel pieces out n i put them back in because i thought it might be the cause of this ringing/whistling noise im getting at like over 20mph but it didnt make any difference. the bike still has all stock pipe n filter so like i said i dont really know why he removed the flap but just wanted to be sure that just leaving the motor and cable up to the box less that flapper wasnt going to cause any issues warranting the full removal. i think ill probably just leave it be as it sits for now. i guess if i upgrade the exhaust i might consider the mod but i still doubt it has much benefit even with a half exhaust.
post #27 of 40 Old 05-30-2014, 8:31 PM

Where is Magnet? I am originally from Bloomington.

2001 Erion 929 Race Bike
1998 Ducati 748
post #28 of 40 Old 05-30-2014, 8:43 PM

magnet is about half way between evansville indiana and louisville ky off hwy 64. population of about 14.5. my house is actually right on the ohio river. ive been to bloomington a bunch of times for various festivals n just to shop. i usually go thru brown county on the way to hit all those little shops n stuff. i eat at mother bears pizza every time i visit bloomington! usually towards the end of april....
post #29 of 40 Old 03-11-2015, 7:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 10

Just bumping the thread.
Looking at the servo on my 929, it is cracking and flaking and will fall apart soon.
I am the third owner and I know one previous owner removed the flapper from the airbox, leaving the cable intact.
I have never got around to seeing if the HTEV valve in the pipes has been removed/adjusted.
However, I see that a plug n play servo dongle is now available, so I wouldn't need to make my own.
Got no idea if it works but I might outlay $ to get one so i can just remove the servo motor and cables once and for all.
Here is the link:
Servo Buddy - Exhaust Servo Eliminator - MOTOSPARES

I think amazon has it too, it seems to be generic to fit other bikes as well as Honda.
Cheers !
post #30 of 40 Old 03-11-2015, 8:38 PM

you can get them on ebay for much less. there are 2 different ones they both do the same thing.

Honda CBR929RR Exhaust Exup Valve Servo Eliminator Fi Light Removal Vizi Tec | eBay

Servo Buddy Honda CBR929 2000 2001 CBR954 2002 2003 Fi Light Htev Eliminator | eBay

or like you said you can build one for about 5$ with parts from radio shack. very simple to make. here is the write up on that.

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/how...ht=htev+delete

"love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."-Hunter S. Thompson

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page