help fuel problem - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 12-05-2012, 7:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 8

help fuel problem

hi, i have an 03 honda cbr 954. i took it to get dynoed this weekend and the guy told me that below 3k rpms, it was running on like 3 and a half cylinders it seemed to him and running really rich, he said it wasn't quite running on three but wasn't running on all four, it was in the middle until it got passed 3k rpms. he said once it hit the 3k mark was when the fourth cylinder kicked in all the way. he said it sounded like a bad injector or coil. i took it to a mechanic in my town and he said it sounded like a spark plug, i checked the spark plugs, they were all black around the tip of them so replaced all of them and i took out the injectors tonight and was told that the ohm of each injector should be 11. is this correct? can someone shed some light on that? also, i was going to soak them in lucas and fuel and was wondering how long i should do that for and if there is anything i need to do before i soak them. i took off all the o rings, is there anything else i should do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-05-2012, 9:24 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: help fuel problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshotbo View Post
hi, i have an 03 honda cbr 954. i took it to get dynoed this weekend and the guy told me that below 3k rpms, it was running on like 3 and a half cylinders it seemed to him and running really rich, he said it wasn't quite running on three but wasn't running on all four, it was in the middle until it got passed 3k rpms. he said once it hit the 3k mark was when the fourth cylinder kicked in all the way. he said it sounded like a bad injector or coil. i took it to a mechanic in my town and he said it sounded like a spark plug, i checked the spark plugs, they were all black around the tip of them so replaced all of them and i took out the injectors tonight and was told that the ohm of each injector should be 11. is this correct? can someone shed some light on that? also, i was going to soak them in lucas and fuel and was wondering how long i should do that for and if there is anything i need to do before i soak them. i took off all the o rings, is there anything else i should do?

Search fuel pressure regulator.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 4 Old 12-05-2012, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Search fuel pressure regulator.
Yes sir. I took the hose off, no leak. But that's what I really think is it. I saw a thing earlier saying all these symptoms of a bad fuel regulator and mine had like 7 of them. I get about 30 to the gallon. Spark plugs were black at tip. Rich smell. Exhaust popping. Low erratic idle speed. I also read somewhere that if doesn't leak it could still be broken...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 2:03 AM

Reputation Power: 0

I have cleaned Honda F4i injectors with some rubber hose, a few hose clamps and a can of carb cleaner with the red straw attachment. I used a 12volt jump pack (the kind you can jump start your car with) to actuate the injector.

Be careful because Carb cleaner is flammable and the wire make a bit of a spark... but I must say that the results with this method where EXCELLENT.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page