quickshifter problem - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 12-08-2012, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

quickshifter problem

Hello folks I have just bought a PK-POWER quickshifter which looks identical to the dynojet version and have a couple of questions....should it click or move in any way? the little barrel with the threads is solid...I thought it might move like a switch?.....also does it matter which way round I mount it, I have harris rearsets on my 929 and the supplied rod is way too short so I am thinking of cutting the harris shift rod and drilling and threading the end to mount the quickshifter but it would mean mounting it with the threads on the shifter facing rearward???? any advice is welcomed..........cheers guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 12-08-2012, 3:50 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: quickshifter problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by davrosxuk View Post
Hello folks I have just bought a PK-POWER quickshifter which looks identical to the dynojet version and have a couple of questions....should it click or move in any way? the little barrel with the threads is solid...I thought it might move like a switch?.....also does it matter which way round I mount it, I have harris rearsets on my 929 and the supplied rod is way too short so I am thinking of cutting the harris shift rod and drilling and threading the end to mount the quickshifter but it would mean mounting it with the threads on the shifter facing rearward???? any advice is welcomed..........cheers guys

Never seen one but I wouldn't expect it to have noticeable movement in it. Put a mulitmeter on it and measure continuity under compression and tension.
Can't see why direction would matter.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 23 Old 12-08-2012, 7:34 PM

Reputation Power: 25

I'd say, it could be a solid no movement pressure switch. For the directional thing, which ever way is prettiest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 12-09-2012, 1:34 AM

Reputation Power: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu4ic1000 View Post
I'd say, it could be a solid no movement pressure switch. For the directional thing, which ever way is prettiest.
My question is.. Is it pull or push though?

These things have no noticeable movement.. If they did, it would just make shifting feel sloppy.

James Taylor
post #5 of 23 Old 12-09-2012, 4:35 AM Thread Starter

its a push krazed.....what is making the fitting a bid awkward is the bend in the harris rod
Attached Thumbnails
harris.jpg‎  
post #6 of 23 Old 12-10-2012, 5:45 AM

Reputation Power: 10

I looked into these before I bought the Dynojet version instead. There will be some movement in the unit and yes id expect it to be push. I'll get a pic for you if it helps.
post #7 of 23 Old 12-10-2012, 8:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You may have to fab something up to make it work with the bent rod, Im sure it can be done. Do you have pics of the pressure sensor itself?

I went with the powercommander too but I went with a pull style sensor and found a shifter that works just right so now its a "gp style" pattern 1up 5down.

post #8 of 23 Old 12-12-2012, 4:19 PM Thread Starter

well.. I have made a makeshift rod until Harris send me a custom made rod.......the result is not good....I have plugged it into the powercommander and kept the default setting of minimum revs at 4000rpm and a kill time of 75ms....I dont have an install program for the quickshifter......it just recognised it on its own is this correct? there are no downloads for any quickshifter programs at dynojet etc, anyways the gears grind like hell when I try to change with the bike on an abba stand with the revs at 6000 ish......any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
quickshifter.jpg‎  
post #9 of 23 Old 12-12-2012, 5:12 PM

does it have a light on it? Mine has a little light on it you have to adjust the rods so that the light is green, and when you move the shifter up it should turn red
post #10 of 23 Old 12-12-2012, 5:14 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by davrosxuk View Post
well.. I have made a makeshift rod until Harris send me a custom made rod.......the result is not good....I have plugged it into the powercommander and kept the default setting of minimum revs at 4000rpm and a kill time of 75ms....I dont have an install program for the quickshifter......it just recognised it on its own is this correct? there are no downloads for any quickshifter programs at dynojet etc, anyways the gears grind like hell when I try to change with the bike on an abba stand with the revs at 6000 ish......any ideas?

Have you actually ridden it to see if it shifts cleanly while the driveline is loaded up?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #11 of 23 Old 12-12-2012, 6:47 PM Thread Starter

theres no lights on it at all I havent rode it yet bladeracer because the rod is too short and the gearshift is unusable with my foot but it can be changed by hand and its not under tension before I attempt to change gear...is there a way to test it with a multimeter?
post #12 of 23 Old 12-13-2012, 12:05 AM

shouldnt need to be loaded up mine will work on the stand, have you considered just buying the dynojet sensor it may make life alot easier.
post #13 of 23 Old 12-13-2012, 3:30 AM Thread Starter

I have only had this one a few days???? I will keep tryin to get this one working, it might be software related? someone on the forum mentioned activating in the powercommander software but I just had the settings pop up on their own.....I will do a resistance check although I have no idea what to expect (and I,m rubbish at electricary lol)
post #14 of 23 Old 12-13-2012, 6:40 AM

You need the power commander QS software disc to activate it mate, you open the programme and activate it from off to on. When I was looking into PK they said they would supply the software, id give them a bell. Failing tht I have the original disc, could burn you a copy if all goes wrong.
post #15 of 23 Old 12-13-2012, 2:11 PM Thread Starter

cheers stanley954 mate....let me know how much you want to cover costs etc......I would be really grateful for a copy of the disc

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page