I have to give credit to many others who have posted HISS key programming tips here and on other forums, esp. "pureguava" on <1000rr_dot_net> forum and "Cronin" from this forum.
However here are the 2000/2001 CBR929rr Aus model instructions:
1) From Jaycar get:
*A set of red and black crocodile/alligator clips (CAT. NO. HM3025)
*1 metre of red wire (CAT. NO. WH3010) and black wire (CAT. NO. WH3011)
* 100k resistor (CAT. NO. RR2822)
* Packet of female spade connector (CAT. NO. PT4822)
* Insulation tape if you dont have any
2) Cut the red wire in the middle and solder the resistor in line. Cover completely with tape
3) Attached croc clips to one end of each of the red and black wires (solder or simply crimp with a vice or good pliers). Cover connection with tape
4) Attach spade connectors to other end of each wire. Crimp or solder.
5) Remove bike riders seat (two hex socket bolts)
6) Remove tank securing bolt
7) Remove two tank bracket bolts
8) Raise tank and wedge something underneath to keep raised.
9) Look for a Red connector that is in a black sheathed line from the top of the clutch cover to the wiring loom that runs parallel with the RHS of the tank. (This is the Ignition Pulse signal wire)
10) Disconnect the red connector. The male end (the two prongs in the connector) has two wires - 1 Yellow and 1 White/Yellow (mine had faded to look mostly white) that run to the loom & onto the ECU
11) I found that I had to squish the female spade connectors a bit in order to get a tight fit on the male connector prongs - a bit of trial and error.
12) Attach the BLACK cable spade to the prong attached to the White/Yellow loom cable and the RED cable spade connector to the prong attached the Yellow loom cable.
13) Make sure your ignition is turned off
13) Attach the red croc clip to the positive + terminal of the battery and the black croc clip to the negative - terminal
14) Put the WORKING key into ignition and turn on
15) The HISS Green LED in tacho face the will come on and stay on
16) Disconnect the red clip from the battery - HISS LED stays on
17) Wait 2 or more seconds - the HISS LED should start flashing four times and repeat this pattern
18) Turn off ignition and remove the WORKING key. The ECU is now in programming mode.
19) Insert your new key (make sure it's one with a transponder in it) and turn on ignition . A pattern of four flashes of the LED means the key has coded! Turn off ignition.
20) You can repeat this process for two more keys (meaning you can have a total of 4 programmed keys).
21) Remove the croc clips and spade connectors and dont forget to re-connect the Ignition Pulse red connector
22) Re-bolt the tank bracket and tank
23) Replace seat and you are done.
This is exactly the process I followed and it worked perfectly first time. Usual disclaimer from me that you do this at your own risk.
If you have Haynes Manual No. 4060 see section 5.4. Explains the above but by using the special ($90!) Honda tool.
Local Honda dealer quoted $250+ to do key programming.....
Hope this helps someone else save a bit of dosh