Liter Bike Design Survey - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 12-13-2012, 5:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Liter Bike Design Survey

Greetings from ClarityResearch, the official researcher for the Forum Foundry family of forums! We have been posting survey invitations on the SxS forums for the past few months and now have one to offer to motorcycle owners.

This survey provides you with the opportunity to give feedback to manufacturers early in the design process! We are looking for liter bike owners to tell us what they think. The online survey should take about 7 minutes of your time, and you will be entered in a sweepstakes to win one of three $100 Best Buy gift cards.

To complete this short survey, click the link below and enter forum2 when it asks for a password.

http://survey.clarityresearch.net/1220/login.html

The sweepstakes rules can be seen at:

www.clarityresearch.com/1220rules.html

If you have any questions about the survey, feel free to post them here. We will respond as soon as we can.

Thanks!
Clarity Research
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 12-13-2012, 5:53 PM

Reputation Power: 22

Re: Liter Bike Design Survey

*stands corrected*

Last edited by Sportbike_Mike; 12-13-2012 at 7:22 PM.
post #3 of 25 Old 12-13-2012, 6:52 PM Thread Starter

This is actually not spam... check us out on Can-Am Commander Forum - View Profile: CLARITY_RESEARCH,
a sister site of fireblades.org. Both sites are operated by Forum Foundry and we are the Official Researcher for all of their UTV/SxS sites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 12-13-2012, 7:15 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
This is actually not spam... check us out on Can-Am Commander Forum - View Profile: CLARITY_RESEARCH,
a sister site of fireblades.org. Both sites are operated by Forum Foundry and we are the Official Researcher for all of their UTV/SxS sites.

I went through it just to see what it's about.
Doesn't seem to be spam this time.
Is there some reason it automatically excludes you if you don't own a recently-manufactured bike?
And it's US only?
A lot of it seems to expect responses based purely on the aesthetics of a single side view?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 25 Old 12-13-2012, 7:23 PM

Mega apologies! The OP straight up looked like spam/phishing.
Blade, if you are able, you can prune my post above.
post #6 of 25 Old 12-13-2012, 7:26 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportbike_Mike View Post
Mega apologies! The OP straight up looked like spam/phishing.
Blade, if you are able, you can prune my post above.

I do consider these things to be spam since they're generally done to make a profit. People don't generally run these surveys simply to provide information freely to the masses :-)
We had one earlier this week that was "unbiased" but was actually directed at trying to make Indian motorcycles saleable.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #7 of 25 Old 12-13-2012, 7:46 PM
Global Moderator

You also already have an account from '07 - ClarityResearch.

post #8 of 25 Old 12-14-2012, 8:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
I went through it just to see what it's about.
Doesn't seem to be spam this time.
Is there some reason it automatically excludes you if you don't own a recently-manufactured bike?
And it's US only?
A lot of it seems to expect responses based purely on the aesthetics of a single side view?

We restrict the survey to owners of bikes manufactured in the past few years because they are representing people who will be making a purchase soon. It is hard to get a good read on future intent, so we use past behavior instead.

The sweepstakes is U.S. only because Canada has different rules about these things and it is difficult to run one at the same time in both countries. We are looking into how to include Canada in the future. In the meantime, Canadians are more than welcome to take the survey - we just can't include them in the sweepstakes just yet.

The single side view is used to make it a common look among all pictures. In this case, the styling differences could be best represented using that angle.

Hope that answers these questions!
post #9 of 25 Old 12-14-2012, 8:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I do consider these things to be spam since they're generally done to make a profit. People don't generally run these surveys simply to provide information freely to the masses :-)
We had one earlier this week that was "unbiased" but was actually directed at trying to make Indian motorcycles saleable.

You are right that this survey is being conducted on behalf of a manufacturer - but that doesn't mean that there are not benefits to the people that take the survey. In addition to the sweepstakes, the survey also offers fireblades.org members the ability to have input into the design of the products that will be offered to them in the future!

We also have done, and will be doing, surveys for the group that provides this forum; helping them understand their members so they can continue to operate this forum and make it better for those that use it.
post #10 of 25 Old 12-14-2012, 9:40 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
You are right that this survey is being conducted on behalf of a manufacturer - but that doesn't mean that there are not benefits to the people that take the survey. In addition to the sweepstakes, the survey also offers fireblades.org members the ability to have input into the design of the products that will be offered to them in the future!

We also have done, and will be doing, surveys for the group that provides this forum; helping them understand their members so they can continue to operate this forum and make it better for those that use it.

As long as it's being done at the request of the forum owners I have no problem with it.
But the way the questions are asked limits the value of the answers in my opinion. For example, offering two substantially similar machines from different manufacturers with a price difference of 30% or more tends to make the answer a foregone conclusion. As, other than asthetics and "brand name" the bikes are essentially the same, to expect people to tick the box to pay more money based _only_ on a single side view seems a bit "out there" to me.

post #11 of 25 Old 12-14-2012, 9:44 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
We restrict the survey to owners of bikes manufactured in the past few years because they are representing people who will be making a purchase soon. It is hard to get a good read on future intent, so we use past behavior instead.

The sweepstakes is U.S. only because Canada has different rules about these things and it is difficult to run one at the same time in both countries. We are looking into how to include Canada in the future. In the meantime, Canadians are more than welcome to take the survey - we just can't include them in the sweepstakes just yet.

The single side view is used to make it a common look among all pictures. In this case, the styling differences could be best represented using that angle.

Hope that answers these questions!
Seems to work against what I see. Perhaps US riders are more likely to want a new bike every couple of years (have they learned nothing from the state of their economy?) but where I am people tend to own their bikes a lot longer than that before wanting to trade up to something newer.
I'm in Australia actually, my point was merely that these restrictions should've been mentioned before I reached the last page of the survey ;-)

post #12 of 25 Old 12-14-2012, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
As long as it's being done at the request of the forum owners I have no problem with it.
But the way the questions are asked limits the value of the answers in my opinion. For example, offering two substantially similar machines from different manufacturers with a price difference of 30% or more tends to make the answer a foregone conclusion. As, other than asthetics and "brand name" the bikes are essentially the same, to expect people to tick the box to pay more money based _only_ on a single side view seems a bit "out there" to me.
Thanks for your feedback. The survey may offer some choices that seem to be a foregone conclusion, it is a result of the type of survey it is. It is something called an adaptive conjoint, which helps us understand how important each aspect of the bike is to you. So if you see a 'no-brainer' choice, it is trying to figure out exactly what a 'no-brainer' choice would be for you. It might be different for someone else.

Additionally, we also do in-person research with real bikes and concepts. Unfortunately for me, we have not done one yet in Australia. I'll see what I can do ;-). It would have to coincide with the AFL season, as I am a casual fan of St. Kilda - been watching footie with an Australian friend for a couple of years...hard getting up that early in the morning though.
post #13 of 25 Old 12-14-2012, 11:23 AM

Clarity,

Why does this survey not include the 929/954 which are considered literbikes?

Quote:
Sorry, but either you do not qualify for this survey or the quota is already filled. Thanks for your willingness to participate.

Those bikes SHOULD qualify.
post #14 of 25 Old 12-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportbike_Mike View Post
Clarity,

Why does this survey not include the 929/954 which are considered literbikes?
Those bikes SHOULD qualify.

Because they're ancient with regard to this survey :-)

post #15 of 25 Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Because they're ancient with regard to this survey :-)
They're still literbikes...and literbikes that can still hold their own against modern 1000s.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page