Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Finally

2K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  HondaGalToo 
#1 · (Edited)
It has taken three times longer than I thought it should've, but it's frickin done!!! I just need to wash it and adjust the chain and I should be able to enjoy my track day's and maybe some WSMC action mid year! What do ya'll think???? Crash's Gallery

#9 ·
A distinctive and genuinely tasteful paint job, Crash. :thumb: :thumb:
It'll be easy to pick your bike out of a crowd on the track. Excellent work,
and congratulations on finally getting the task completed. :clap:

#12 · (Edited)
Crash said:
It has taken three times longer than I thought it should've, but it's frickin done!!! I just need to wash it and adjust the chain and I should be able to enjoy my track day's and maybe some WSMC action mid year! What do ya'll think???? Crash's Gallery

Ok.. Comented the bike in your gallery, but your(??) design deserves more than just a coment.. Poison/Toxic!! :clap: Looks GREAT!! :thumb:

#13 ·
Thanks a lot guys, it's been a labor of lov..... nah it's been a pain in the ass :D I really am looking forward to getting back on the track and seeing some of you out there!

RRWANTR - I'll be out there soon enough :thumb:

Tavish - it took very little effort to do the actual conversion, the paint is what took me forever. In my last house I had a decent set up, but in the new one the wife wouldn't settle for anything less than outside. I built a make shift booth, but I had very little time to work on the paint and in less than perfect conditions. The suspension was all done by Dan Kyle several months ago, and I had the Hindle from the last group buy almost a year ago.

My problem has always been time, I need more of it. Between family, work and school I'm lucky to get a few hours a week to do anything.

Ratter - :huh: it's a public gallery on the site :huh:

Thanks again everyone, I'm off to sleep now in the garage with it! It's like having a new bike again, I'm all gitty :hyper:

#14 ·
Fire929blade said:
Ok.. Comented the bike in your gallery, but your(??) design deserves more than just a coment.. Poison/Toxic!! :clap: Looks GREAT!! :thumb:
Thank you so much, I really appreciate that! Are you referring to the one below? It orginally started out as the beginings of a tat I wanted that represented my company in school. I wanted a different way to represent Delta. JOCORE is a combination of my son's name and mine. He calls it his bike, so I figured why not put his name on it :D Thanks again

Attachments

#20 ·
Beautiful!

I'm about to go red and white on my 954.. Your example is so restrained. It's sweet.

Can't see well enough in the pics - is it a pearl white? metallic red? Base / clear?

#21 ·
CBRVFR said:
Beautiful!

I'm about to go red and white on my 954.. Your example is so restrained. It's sweet.

Can't see well enough in the pics - is it a pearl white? metallic red? Base / clear?
I was wanting to go with House of Kolor pearlesence colors, but I decided since it was going to be a dedicated track bike, why spend the cash only to potentially wad the thing up :idunno:

I used PPG base coat white, 1999 BMW Red its actually called Hellruit (sp), and a basic clear, none of it is metallic or pearl. If I was repainting for street, I wouldv'e used the House of Kolor stuff without a doubt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.