Electrical Help CBR 1000RR!!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-15-2012, 8:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Electrical Help CBR 1000RR!!!

I have an 04 CBR 1000RR. The last few days the bike had problem starting up. So I thought it was the battery. So before I'm able to get the battery I was getting jumped by a car while on (I know bad idea) . So yesterday I got a jumped from a co worker it blew out my lights and about 7 miles into the ride home was hearing a hiss from the battery, smelling battery scid and then my bike cut off. I put in a new battery and the bike just turns over, won't start and the red light (which II'm guessing it's for power) flashes a couple of times and also this "FI" on the dash far right. I checked all the fuse and all are good. Could this be that my stator, rectifier and battery went to crap. As well as my head lights. Could of jumping the bike cuased other parts to blow with out blowing the fuse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-15-2012, 8:56 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: Electrical Help CBR 1000RR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni View Post
I have an 04 CBR 1000RR. The last few days the bike had problem starting up. So I thought it was the battery. So before I'm able to get the battery I was getting jumped by a car while on (I know bad idea) . So yesterday I got a jumped from a co worker it blew out my lights and about 7 miles into the ride home was hearing a hiss from the battery, smelling battery scid and then my bike cut off. I put in a new battery and the bike just turns over, won't start and the red light (which II'm guessing it's for power) flashes a couple of times and also this "FI" on the dash far right. I checked all the fuse and all are good. Could this be that my stator, rectifier and battery went to crap. As well as my head lights. Could of jumping the bike cuased other parts to blow with out blowing the fuse?

If the car engine was running then it's likely you fried the battery at least.
If the engine wasn't running then it won't have done any harm.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 3 Old 12-16-2012, 4:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Electrical Help CBR 1000RR!!!

Couple of things to check. The headlights are turned on by a relay that is located right next to the fuse box. Remove each relay one by one and test these relays. I know that two of them are for the ignition/fuel injection system and i know one of the others is for headlights. Use a battery on a test bench and pic the relay. Apply 12vdc to the two like positioned spades and the other set should change from open to closed. If one is bad replace it and i bet the bike starts. The battery issue could be the regulator/rectitfier. It is just back from the fuse box. Get the bike started and unplug the two wire red/black harness. Meter the output of the r/r and make sure it isnt overcharging the battery. Thats most likely the hissing you hear. its overcharging the battery, the contents are literally boiling from the heat. 13.8 vdc is what you should get. If it is much over 14 thats too much. each leg of the stator should be about 14vac to ground. they should all be within 10% of each others voltage when reading them to a ground reference. Hope this helps!

Between the ditches....shiny side up. Two things keep me safe, my XD and my riding jacket.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page