New cbr 929 help please - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 01-06-2013, 7:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

New cbr 929 help please

Ive got a new cbr 929 picked it up in great running condition for more than a fair price with only 14k miles my speedometer is not working nor are turn signals in the front and the low beems have been hacked at by the previous owner to were they must be groundef outt in order to work with a random wire. Ill post some pics later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-07-2013, 3:29 AM

Reputation Power: 23

Re: New cbr 929 help please

With any electrical problems I always check the fuse box first to see if any fuses are blown.

Then look at the area that is having problems (remove the blinker, speedo, and look at the connections to the headlight)

If everything there is intact there then check to see if the device is getting power by using a voltmeter.

If it's getting power, but not working, you fix the ground wire... If you're not getting power than move on to looking at the switch... in this case look at the left hand control, take the two screws out of it and look inside to see if all the contacts are intact and functioning. As for the speedo, I think the 929 speed is detected off wires going to the transmission near the front sprocket (look in your manual either way).

If all that looks good than you'll have to follow the wires in the wire harness from all the non-functioning electronics... it's a bitch of a job... but you'll have to remove the tank, seat, front subframe brace, and take off the protective black tape surrounding the wire harness to inspect the wires.

A short or even a cut in the wire can damage the wire in that area... mice can sometimes chew a hole through wires and cause these problems.

Good luck!
post #3 of 8 Old 01-07-2013, 8:16 AM Thread Starter

Thank man i appreciate i guess ill start taking her apart around 1 today i checked all the fuses they were good i seen some unplugged harness near the front may be why speedo isnt working also need to take fairings off and get them ready for paint whoever haf this painted it ugly ass snot green will post pics this afternoon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-07-2013, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Just took all the right side fairings off and already noticed 2 naked wires on right blinker so will be fully inspecting bike now when i get home from the dentist
post #5 of 8 Old 01-07-2013, 1:18 PM Thread Starter

By the way i have no manual for the bike and am really low on funds i just lost my job so does anyone know where.i.may be able to find a manual for download
post #6 of 8 Old 01-07-2013, 4:03 PM

Reputation Power: 28

Honda 929 fireblade '00 parts info&drawings workshop service manual, free download!

Anyone can drive a fast bike, few can drive a bike fast!
post #7 of 8 Old 01-11-2013, 7:28 PM Thread Starter

I took all of the fairings off off the bike and noticed the blinkers are all messed up i messed with the speed sensor.some it speed showed up for a split second then went away and also my highbeams quit working and the gauge lights cut out alot when using the signal button
post #8 of 8 Old 01-12-2013, 7:56 AM

Reputation Power: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by enix1234 View Post
I took all of the fairings off off the bike and noticed the blinkers are all messed up i messed with the speed sensor.some it speed showed up for a split second then went away and also my highbeams quit working and the gauge lights cut out alot when using the signal button
For the speed sensor... you just have to trace the wires from it back to the source at which it's either nearly severed or also look for exposed wire that could be grounding. If you don't find anything than you probably need a new speed sensor.

As for the highbeams see my first post here to trouble shoot it.

Lastly, If the gauge lights are cutting out when using the signals that could be because the gauge light ground wire is contacting the power wire to blinkers... the ground wire isn't severed, but it probably is exposed and the contact with the blinker power wire shorts the gauge ground causing it to go out... it might be intermittent because the short isn't always happening.

You might want to take all the front fairings off and inspect all the wires... a mouse or something could have chewed on your wires causing all these problems

GL!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page