Wont Start - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 01-23-2013, 5:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Wont Start

I have an 06 CBR 1000RR that just wont start, I trouble shot it once and it lead to bad plugs so I replaced the plugs and it still wont start. I turn the key make sure the kill switch is in the on position hear the tank prime and it will crank but no fire could some one please help me with this. If you have any helpful ideas or what not please feel free to pm me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-23-2013, 9:12 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: Wont Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhavener View Post
I have an 06 CBR 1000RR that just wont start, I trouble shot it once and it lead to bad plugs so I replaced the plugs and it still wont start. I turn the key make sure the kill switch is in the on position hear the tank prime and it will crank but no fire could some one please help me with this. If you have any helpful ideas or what not please feel free to pm me.

It started fine and then the next day it won't start?
Nothing happened to the bike between then?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 9 Old 01-23-2013, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Here follow this, not very elaborate, but it may help. by the way this is from an 06 1KRR (SM) Service Manual
Attached Thumbnails
HONDA.PNG‎   HONDAII.PNG‎   HONDAIII.PNG‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-24-2013, 1:59 AM

Reputation Power: 28

Quote:
have you checked the battery voltage and also whether or not you are getting spark?

Anyone can drive a fast bike, few can drive a bike fast!
post #5 of 9 Old 01-24-2013, 6:26 AM Thread Starter

How do I test the coils? I just changed the spark plugs, I know its gettin fuel, I know the battery is good, I dont know where to go from here
post #6 of 9 Old 01-24-2013, 6:28 AM

Reputation Power: 9

I had this happen to my 929, it just would misfire really badly and i changed plugs twice and i would try to run it untill they would get fouled and the bike wouldn't start at all. and in the end it turned out to be bad coils even though they gave a strong spark. Try swapping coils with a buddy and see if it helps.

"Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a bike, and that's pretty damn close"
post #7 of 9 Old 01-25-2013, 1:54 AM

Reputation Power: 28

Quote:
How do I test the coils? I just changed the spark plugs, I know its gettin fuel, I know the battery is good, I dont know where to go from here
have you checked to see if theyre sparking, have you checked the battery voltage?

Anyone can drive a fast bike, few can drive a bike fast!
post #8 of 9 Old 01-25-2013, 3:53 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:

I assume it is not flashing any MIL codes on the dash?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #9 of 9 Old 01-25-2013, 5:03 AM

Reputation Power: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surteez View Post
have you checked to see if theyre sparking, have you checked the battery voltage?
Surteez, mine were sparking a strong blue spark but in the end they were still the problem. The mechanic even got electricuted from them while just holding them and cranking. The best way to test them would be to swap them with known good ones like with a buddy's bike.

"Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a bike, and that's pretty damn close"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Tags
no start

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page