900RR spring rush revamp - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 03-11-2013, 8:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

900RR spring rush revamp

So heres what im doing, i picked up a 97' Blade that was a stunt bike, but the price was right (92' RM 250 ) and im redoin it so it can really be ridden. So far i spotted an 04' Yammie R1 subframe on ebay for a cool $50 and had to cannibalize a section of the old subframe so i had a tank mount up top. I had to make four brackets, two to help mount the old and new subframe sections together, and two for the bottom which are now all gloss black. It really wasnt as hard as i thought itd be to make em match up and should look worlds better than the stock blade tail . The bike also had TAG dirtbike bars so instead of dropping a load of cash on clip ons, i decided id try the ebay ones and i must say im impressed for a chineise part, the craftsmanship is actually top notch and especially for $50! I really have no idea why anyone would drop 120 plus bucks on a set of brand name unless they needed a set that rose up some.. Anyhow, i then flipped the shift linkage over and bent it to clear the frame, because i have a honda 3 wheeler that shifts down and i must say when you're hangin off the side its easisier to stomp down than pull up, thought id try it since its free To make it road legal i need turn signals so im going to get a streetfighter style light that already has signals built in, and i have an R1 taillight on the way that combines brake and turn lights so i should just need to find a universal switch and a keyyed on power source to run them off of, with something to delay in 1 second intervals to flash.. Well springs just about here and im hustlin to get it done, let me know what ya guys think i included some pics of what i started with and what ive done!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2095.jpg‎   IMG_0420.JPG‎   IMG_0414.JPG‎   IMG_0416.JPG‎  

IMG_0421.JPG‎  

"As i lay rubber down the street, i pray for traction i can keep, and if i slip and begin to slide, oh dear god protect my ride!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page