Where are some good places to buy fairings? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 03-29-2013, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 10

Where are some good places to buy fairings?

I sold my 929 and picked up a 954 and it needs a left, front and rear fairing replaced. Just looking for some good recommendable places to check out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-30-2013, 2:34 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: Where are some good places to buy fairings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_crush View Post
I sold my 929 and picked up a 954 and it needs a left, front and rear fairing replaced. Just looking for some good recommendable places to check out.

Ebay?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 11 Old 03-30-2013, 5:35 AM

Reputation Power: 0

I've heard nothing but praise forhttp://www.ozzymotorcyclefairings.com.au an Australian firm that I first read about in the British motorcycle magazine Practical Sportsbike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-30-2013, 6:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 77

I got my fairings from them very good. But they are a reseller of china kits.. Don't know who they use but quality is good but still not oem, not the cbr900 ones anyway I think some moulds are better then others. The gsxr tail they provided was better than oem!! Paint quality is also very good but some rough edges etc but a fraction of the cost of a paint job in Europe. As they say you get what you pay for but overall I think 99% of people would be happy

Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/2ISgxtQXs9o

My 900RR Winter Project
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html
post #5 of 11 Old 03-30-2013, 6:36 AM

Lambchops: It was the article about your bike in PS that pointed me in their direction. Great looking bike you have and a lovely article!
post #6 of 11 Old 03-30-2013, 7:13 AM

my lower fairing on my bike got damaged due to all these road works we have in SA . I want to replace that with carbon fiber because I cant find decent belly , only full sets! Only problem with the CF it very pricey
post #7 of 11 Old 03-30-2013, 7:16 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingthor View Post
my lower fairing on my bike got damaged due to all these road works we have in SA . I want to replace that with carbon fiber because I cant find decent belly , only full sets! Only problem with the CF it very pricey

If your OEM bellypan was damaged by the roads is it sensible to replace it with a more expensive item that is also likely to get damaged?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #8 of 11 Old 03-30-2013, 7:28 AM

Indeed ! I returned from a rally and when stopped at home I noticed something is not so nice and to my shock I noted the belly is damaged ! The sad thing is the set is brand new , the bike and I had a meeting with the tar a year ago and lucky for me only the left side fairings got damaged as my leg saved it from to much damage! ankle broke and looked worse then bike
post #9 of 11 Old 03-30-2013, 7:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookachacka View Post
Lambchops: It was the article about your bike in PS that pointed me in their direction. Great looking bike you have and a lovely article!
Thanks mookachaka

Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/2ISgxtQXs9o

My 900RR Winter Project
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html
post #10 of 11 Old 03-30-2013, 7:45 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 10

alright, thanks for the input. Ebay is hit and miss. they are all priced about the same and look the same. I will check into that ozzy company. Thanks all
post #11 of 11 Old 03-30-2013, 10:18 PM

Reputation Power: 7

I have done more research on this subject than most so I'll chime in. The main thing to worry about when looking aftermarket is make sure they are INJECTION MOLDED and NOT compression molded yet seems like no one on the forums seem to mention this... There is a huge difference in fitment. Injection molded is usually a little more expensive but not by much. You can still pickup a kit for around $500 shipped.

Injection molded is where your mounting tabs actually look like a stock mounting tab. After much research I found the most positive reviews to be from a company called Fribest. Here is their website: motorcycle fairing kit_fairing stay bracket_headlight

I ordered my first set from them last week and they told me I'll have it in 3 weeks when I ordered. That is faster than anyone on Ebay. They were very willing to customize my kit too which was nice.

Here is a review of one of their kits: https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...inclusive.html

I will post a review once I receive them in a few weeks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page