954 headshake - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-01-2013, 2:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

954 headshake

So I think I discovered the dreaded 954 headshake that I've heard so much about. I was out carving up some corners yesterday getting some decent lean on the new tires. When exiting a turn after the apex with some throttle I started getting some pretty significant headshake. It happened about 3 times on my ride. Each time, I just backed off the throttle and it settled back down.

I started thinking about what could be causing it, and I thought maybe its due to the rear end squatting a bit and lifting weight off the front tire....does this sound plausible to you? Would stiffening up my suspension most likely solve this issue or could it be something else? I know getting a steering damper would help a lot, but I would rather fix this if possible rather than mask it.

What is it about the 954 that makes it prone to headshake?

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
2002 954
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-01-2013, 6:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: 954 headshake

Hi,
Ive got a 954. It seems to 'shake its head' a bit when I am accelerating out of a corner (really accelerating) and I put it down to being a light bike, with a short wheelbase, lifting its wheel a tad then coming down not quite square. Haven't had any that have worried me, though increasing throttle might help more than backing it off.

If its happening a bit, might want to check tire pressures, suspension and then if everything else is right, a dampener.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page