2001 929rr CCT help! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-16-2013, 1:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

2001 929rr CCT help!

Ok, so I have a 2001 929rr Erion and of course it has the standard rattling that I have read every Honda seems to experience. After reading post after post I finally decided to pick me up an APE manual tensioner to take care of it once and for all. So after watching videos and reading posts I figured I could do it myself. WRONG!! The way the OEM CCT buts against the frame, it appears you have to take half the f*&[email protected]$g engine apart to get to that one bolt! Anyone know of a magical rachet that can weasel in there? I picked up an elbow joint and extensions for a 1/4" rachet however I can't reach the bolt! I can almost get in there but I think I started stripping the bolt. Is my only option to remove everything under the gas tank?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-16-2013, 4:12 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: 2001 929rr CCT help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfava10 View Post
Ok, so I have a 2001 929rr Erion and of course it has the standard rattling that I have read every Honda seems to experience. After reading post after post I finally decided to pick me up an APE manual tensioner to take care of it once and for all. So after watching videos and reading posts I figured I could do it myself. WRONG!! The way the OEM CCT buts against the frame, it appears you have to take half the f*&[email protected]$g engine apart to get to that one bolt! Anyone know of a magical rachet that can weasel in there? I picked up an elbow joint and extensions for a 1/4" rachet however I can't reach the bolt! I can almost get in there but I think I started stripping the bolt. Is my only option to remove everything under the gas tank?!?

On my 929 I get the bottom bolt with an 8mm ring spanner from the side. The top bolt I use a flexible extension and quarter-drive socket.
If you wind the tensioner fully back first then there is no load on the tensioner, once you crack the bolts you should be able to remove them by hand. I also suggest replacing the bolts with socketheads to make it easier.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 3 Old 05-16-2013, 5:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 113

Re: 2001 929rr CCT help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
On my 929 I get the bottom bolt with an 8mm ring spanner from the side. The top bolt I use a flexible extension and quarter-drive socket.
The flexible extension is a must really. It also helps if you have hands like a 4 year old girl too.

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page