Won't rev past 7k..... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-16-2013, 1:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

Won't rev past 7k.....

Allow me to start at the beginning....

I commute to work, about 100 miles a week.

About 6 weeks ago, I noticed when starting the bike from cold, it would crank for about a second, then silence, whilst it was silence I still had my finger on the button, and I could hear fuel being squirted from the injectors, then, about 3 seconds later it would catch and she started, and everything was fine, she rode fine and everything, its worth stating that this happened about 80% of cold starts.

About 2 weeks ago, I removed the air box flapper, and I noticed the positive difference in low down acceleration, no negative effects.

About 1 weeks ago I found a split in the fuel return hose, only small, so I replaced the hose with another, exactly the same.

After, this fuel hose replacement, the bike is very hard to start from cold, keeps cranking for about 5 seconds, then starts to catch, and splutter a bit, 3 or so seconds later, finally catches, then all is ok.....or so it appeared.

Today, it wouldn't rev past 7k, up to 7k is fine, then it immediately bounces from 7k downwards, like its hit some invisible limiter!

Also, when I replaced new return hose, and attached main hose, I re-fuelled tank, turned on ignition, as the pump primed, it squirted out some fuel from the fuel rail banjo hose side because I forgot to tighten it up!

Could this have created some kind of air bubble causing this issue?

Are any of these issues related?

And if not......why not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page