CBR900RR header conversion on my 919 split open. Now what? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-16-2013, 5:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

CBR900RR header conversion on my 919 split open. Now what?

I'm trying to be cost effective here. But I'm having a hard time finding used polished CBR900R headers.

Should I go aftermarket? I have no idea where to look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-16-2013, 6:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 34

Re: CBR900RR header conversion on my 919 split open. Now what?

Hack it off and get a custom link pipe made up and clamp or weld on. Shouldn't be hard to find. Figure out where the rice racing boys get their custom exhausts made and go there.

Figure out why it broke. Looks to me like you've hard mounted without a rubber isolator. Stainless is relatively brittle compared to mild steel. You must mount it as it wants to sit rather than clamp it in an "unnatural" position. Or it'll only crack

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page