to pc3 or not to pc3 that is the question??? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 05-20-2013, 3:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 24

to pc3 or not to pc3 that is the question???

well I order the 954 throttle body's and injectors!!! will it give me a big jump in power or how the bike runs??? or anything but being able to mess with the power ban and what not, if I where do get a pc3??? will it run better??? give me more hp maybe too that would be nice :-) any way please some one let me know!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-20-2013, 3:54 PM Thread Starter

Re: to pc3 or not to pc3 that is the question???

O do I need a 954 are box for the throttle body's and injectors??? I have been told that???
post #3 of 13 Old 05-20-2013, 4:20 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweezy666 View Post
well I order the 954 throttle body's and injectors!!! will it give me a big jump in power or how the bike runs??? or anything but being able to mess with the power ban and what not, if I where do get a pc3??? will it run better??? give me more hp maybe too that would be nice :-) any way please some one let me know!!!

Are you trying to put these on a 900RR (as per your profile)?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-20-2013, 4:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Are you trying to put these on a 900RR (as per your profile)?
no no my 929 :-) I have 3 bikes!!! a 94 900rr, 2001 929 and a 1986 intruder vs700
post #5 of 13 Old 05-20-2013, 4:38 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweezy666 View Post
no no my 929 :-) I have 3 bikes!!! a 94 900rr, 2001 929 and a 1986 intruder vs700

Okay :-)
In that case, I would get a PC3 whether you swap the TB's or not.
No, you don't need the 954 airbox or stacks.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #6 of 13 Old 05-20-2013, 4:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Okay :-)
In that case, I would get a PC3 whether you swap the TB's or not.
No, you don't need the 954 airbox or stacks.
why is that??? dose the pc3 make the bike work better, IE have less issues ect! all ready ordered the 954 stuff!!! 65$ can't really loose!!!
so I don't use the stacks, I just pull ever thing off, toss it on the 929 stacks??? these are my 954 throttle body's and injectors!!! what wire do I need??? can I buy a new one from Honda??? don't want to buy the whole 954 wiring harness!!!

Last edited by tweezy666; 05-20-2013 at 4:54 PM.
post #7 of 13 Old 05-20-2013, 9:39 PM Thread Starter

well I got the pc3!!!!!!!!! so it's just plug and play right! I think it's been mapped it's off a 929!
post #8 of 13 Old 05-20-2013, 9:40 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

The PCIIIusb is the way to go. It allows you manipulate any or all of the cells in the fuel map.
You'll feel a noticable difference in how smooth the throttle response is - when properly mapped. That's the catch. You can experiment with download maps, lots of free ones out there, but you really need to take the bike to a dyno and get a custom map done for your bike. Then it'll run at it's optimum.
post #9 of 13 Old 05-21-2013, 6:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
The PCIIIusb is the way to go. It allows you manipulate any or all of the cells in the fuel map.
You'll feel a noticable difference in how smooth the throttle response is - when properly mapped. That's the catch. You can experiment with download maps, lots of free ones out there, but you really need to take the bike to a dyno and get a custom map done for your bike. Then it'll run at it's optimum.

Even then, a downloaded map is better than the stock ECU settings.

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-22-2013, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

my pc3 do I need to get a o2 sensor??? I don't think my bikes from cal! so I shouldn't need one right!!! this is my power commander 3
post #11 of 13 Old 05-23-2013, 12:53 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

Make sure you hook the small black wire to the battery post -Ground.
No oxygen sensor needed.
Is that a serial port or usb?
You'll find out what map is on the Power Commander when your hook your laptop up to it.
You also need to go to DynoJet.com and look up for the free software download so you computer has a program to work with the power commander unit.

Here's the thing that I see with your setup. You're increasing the throttle body size, right? Are the 954's bigger? better or more jetting? increased fuel rate?
I don't know, that's why I'm asking, but nonetheless, you're modifying the fuel consumption of your engine, of course you have to match the fuel map to compensate. That's exactly what the PC will try to do. It's up to you to load the right map. Whether it's a canned map or a dyno tune, you need different fueling. If you want to go by seat of your pants feel, than experiment with the different maps out there, if you want to take the guessing game out of it and make sure your bike is running really proper, then go to a dyno. A reputable one. Do a little research.
post #12 of 13 Old 05-23-2013, 3:49 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
Make sure you hook the small black wire to the battery post -Ground.
No oxygen sensor needed.
Is that a serial port or usb?
You'll find out what map is on the Power Commander when your hook your laptop up to it.
You also need to go to DynoJet.com and look up for the free software download so you computer has a program to work with the power commander unit.

Here's the thing that I see with your setup. You're increasing the throttle body size, right? Are the 954's bigger? better or more jetting? increased fuel rate?
I don't know, that's why I'm asking, but nonetheless, you're modifying the fuel consumption of your engine, of course you have to match the fuel map to compensate. That's exactly what the PC will try to do. It's up to you to load the right map. Whether it's a canned map or a dyno tune, you need different fueling. If you want to go by seat of your pants feel, than experiment with the different maps out there, if you want to take the guessing game out of it and make sure your bike is running really proper, then go to a dyno. A reputable one. Do a little research.

It's a serial unit.
While a dyno will give you the perfect map _for running on the dyno_, a "seat of the pants" map is quite capable of giving you a perfect map for actual riding ;-)

post #13 of 13 Old 05-23-2013, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
It's a serial unit.
While a dyno will give you the perfect map _for running on the dyno_, a "seat of the pants" map is quite capable of giving you a perfect map for actual riding ;-)
I pretty sure it's serial unit! as all ways thanks guys! I will try to get it mapped, but I just got a big hole in my 94 900rr back tire last night! so it may be rushed into services!!!!!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page