Eliminator - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 59 Old 03-05-2004, 2:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Eliminator

http://showcase.netins.net/web/draft...ted/index.html

Abtech,Dan someone with knowledge skills have any opinions on this product?
Is it worth a
Gains and losses?

I'm curious about this one.T
Thought of this before,but didn't think it would work too well.

Thanks,
Jefffffffff......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 Old 03-05-2004, 5:33 PM Thread Starter

Re: Eliminator

Bump,come on someone.
post #3 of 59 Old 03-05-2004, 5:47 PM

I'm curious about it as well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 59 Old 03-05-2004, 5:53 PM

Reputation Power: 23

I'm curoius as well but I disbelieve the claims
Dyno figures can be played with to give different results and I wouldn't be surprised if this has been done.

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

post #5 of 59 Old 03-05-2004, 6:59 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Think about this: why would Honda have bothered to design and implement their titanium exhaust valve assembly if there was no appreciable advantage to doing so? I suspect it may have had to do with maximizing the machine's performance, given the lean running requirements necessary to get past those onerous EPA emission standards. It's evident that introducing a Dynojet PC III to the equation deals with that concern rather handily, suggesting to me that an after-market collector (ie. Eliminator) to replace the titanium exhaust valve may be an effective solution, as long as the PCIII map is properly optimized for your bike via Dynojet's Tuning Link software on their dyno.
If you've got the scratch to do this properly, go for it.

Silver/black CBR954RR
Unsanctioned, unofficial, unloved Honda test rider
post #6 of 59 Old 03-11-2004, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdev
http://showcase.netins.net/web/draft...ted/index.html

Abtech,Dan someone with knowledge skills have any opinions on this product?
Is it worth a
Gains and losses?

I'm curious about this one.T
Thought of this before,but didn't think it would work too well.

Thanks,
Jefffffffff......
I put the link up there and have one on my bike as well! As God as my witness it is just as effective as a full exhaust! My friends all have 2002-03 954's and they have Hindles,Microns (serpent) and akropovic. My bike can run with all of them!Im just saying if you want an inexpensive solution this is the way to go! Im not saying its better just equal!the better part is the cost!
post #7 of 59 Old 03-11-2004, 10:09 PM

There is a couple reasons for the HTEV...one is to improve low end power...below 3-3500 rpms...I dont know about you all but i almost NEVER ride with the r's that low. The second is to help modulate fuel economy and emissions(in conjunction with stock FI mapping)

I just installed my eliminator from Haas Motorsports and will be getting the bike out for a scoot this weekend and let you all know the results. They were great to deal with, the price was EXCELLENT and the product is very well made. plus...they send a custom PC map with the kit.

I see no reason to think it would not be much off a full system. I had a collector/crossover box eliminator made for an 86 VF1000R a few years ago and the difference was pretty dramatic.

PeaCe
D
post #8 of 59 Old 03-13-2004, 7:39 PM

Well...out today for a scoot on the 929 for the first time with the eliminator. There is definately a difference. I added the eliminator and a pcIII with the custom map that came with the kit and between the two the difference is preetty nice. Is it the PCIII ? Or the Eliminator?...I think it is the both..

Bottom line...it does work. I'll be getting the bike on a dyno in a couple weeks and I'll post the chart..

Dirk
post #9 of 59 Old 03-14-2004, 9:31 PM

I got the bike out for two hours today...to really give it a running...3rd gear power wheelies...the elim works very well!
post #10 of 59 Old 03-14-2004, 9:42 PM

I will say that the D&D full system looks, to my eyes, designed to mimick the stocker minus the valve.(and the can of course)
post #11 of 59 Old 03-14-2004, 9:59 PM

will hollowing out the valve components from the stock htev be the same as getting an eliminator??

Mark
post #12 of 59 Old 03-14-2004, 10:55 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2954
will hollowing out the valve components from the stock htev be the same as getting an eliminator??

Mark

pretty much...I tried it, took it for a ride, and put it back together. I didn't notice anything to write home about. I had done the flapper mod too, but chose to leave that out of the airbox.

Team Honda - well sorta...
post #13 of 59 Old 03-15-2004, 12:32 AM

Quote:

Mark

I wondered the same thing...from the looks of the Htev and the eliminator...the holes in the htev are a smaller diameter than the header pipes. The Elim has the appropriate diameter tubes..may have an impact?
post #14 of 59 Old 03-15-2004, 5:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Quote:

Mark
No! because its not a strait through tube, the exhaust will have two routes (strait ahead and also crossing over between the upper and lower exhaust tubes!) This doesnt sound so bad although whenever a presure wave reaches an opening (eg. the end of an open tube) it will turn around and create a presure wave in the opposite direction and basically the timing of these presure waves will be less than ideal and also because you have several openings exhaust flow will be interupted, so this setup wouldnt be helping the performance of your bike a great deal!

2004 1000RR Racebike

www.jungleboyracing.com

Last edited by Jungleboy; 03-15-2004 at 5:16 AM.
post #15 of 59 Old 03-16-2004, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleboy
No! because its not a strait through tube, the exhaust will have two routes (strait ahead and also crossing over between the upper and lower exhaust tubes!) This doesnt sound so bad although whenever a presure wave reaches an opening (eg. the end of an open tube) it will turn around and create a presure wave in the opposite direction and basically the timing of these presure waves will be less than ideal and also because you have several openings exhaust flow will be interupted, so this setup wouldnt be helping the performance of your bike a great deal!

would there be any disadvantage to gutting the stock htev system? I am not looking for big gains, I just want to get rid of that annoying rattle(any gains would be a plus).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page