'94 Shifting Problems, What Parts Interchange? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-04-2013, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

'94 Shifting Problems, What Parts Interchange?

So starting yesterday my bike started shifting odd, usually going into first the lever would stick down and the oil was fine and decently fresh. Fast forward to today, i was riding it (its my main transport and sees 100 miles a day) and it started sticking in every gear and you would have to move the lever back to the center to grab another gear since this is an early year Blade im going to assume its an issue with the shifter star/ detent arm because i used to have a yamaha banshee with a similar issue, now the question is will the parts from a 1997 cbr 900 motor swap over because i have a parts block that i know shifted fine, thanks for any help!

"As i lay rubber down the street, i pray for traction i can keep, and if i slip and begin to slide, oh dear god protect my ride!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-05-2013, 2:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Re: '94 Shifting Problems, What Parts Interchange?

Hard to say without getting in there to see what is actually wrong. It could be the shift drum bearing or something out of place with the shift selector or shift arm... Not sure on the part swapping but you can go on DiscountHondaParts.com, Honda, Polaris, KTM, Ski-Doo, Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile, Parts and Accessories. after you open up your engine and find the exact part that is wrong and look up the parts for each engine... if the part number is the same... they are interchangeable... if not they are different.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page