Recommend me some indicators - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-07-2013, 6:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

Recommend me some indicators

Hi Guys,

I want to get some replacement indicators for my 929. As you can see from the pics below the previous owner put some very small oval shaped ones on. Whilst I like them they are just too small and there's no chance of car drivers seeing them!

I need a halfway house really between the huge standard ones and these mini ones. I'm thinking either oval or arrow(spear) shaped ones with a carbon body. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether I need ones with a short stem or a long stem? I assume because of the front fairing it would be long stem?

If you could recommend me some that you guys have bought and are happy with that would be great. Also I was going to just go for normal bulb ones rather than LED because as I understand it i'd need to alter the wiring for LED ones?

Cheers

Alex

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-07-2013, 7:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 113

Re: Recommend me some indicators

Are those ones LED or bulb? I have the same ones (I think) with a regular bulb in - they work great. I wouldn't bother with cheap LED ones (either good quality LED, or old-skool bulbs).

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-07-2013, 8:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 77

For the ultimate quality indicator has to be the Rizoma ones just love them but very pricey want some for mine but not found the spare cash for some yet!

LED ones are good, I have these on my bike but black work great, you do need the LED wiring though, its just a resistor which goes inline of the indicator wires and plugs in, nothing to solder in or anything and they are very bright

LED Indicators CNC Billet Aluminium SILVER Universal Fitting Emarked Arrow Alloy | eBay

Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/2ISgxtQXs9o

My 900RR Winter Project
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-07-2013, 3:13 PM

Reputation Power: 34

Those ones you have are fine when new but it doesn't take long for the reflector to dull. Apart from that the lens on yours is clear so when the orange paint burns off the bulb you have a problem.

I'd say go for LED they are much brighter if you get half decent ones. You can get a replacement plug and play relay pretty cheap. It's all ebay stuff.

If you do prefer regular type indicators maybe some later model indicators? Hornets have nice indicators, as do most Ducati models.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-07-2013, 5:15 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 29

You can also change the Relay to a solid state one so you don't need the ballast resistors.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-18-2013, 5:34 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

Thanks for the replies guys - very helpful. I think I'll go for some LED ones because they are a lot brighter. I can't really find any that are a bit bigger than the minis but smaller than the originals. I think I'm going to go for some of these - LAT3 Led Tips Carbon Short Stem - Indicators - Accessories. What do you think?
post #7 of 7 Old 06-18-2013, 6:04 AM

Reputation Power: 113

Just remember LED's are very directional compared with regular bulbs. Those look like they might be bright from the front, but not as good from 45 degrees.

If you go the LED route, don't forget to pick up an electronic relay as well as the stock bi-metal relay won't work with LED's.

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page