F1 + Oil light CBR929RR when key turned on - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-11-2013, 9:23 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-12-2009
Location: UK
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
F1 + Oil light CBR929RR when key turned on

Hi there,
Hoping you can hope me, my pride and joy sent me an error message on Saturday. I had been stuck in traffic and the temp was getting high, fan kicked in at 105 C and I got to where I was going and it was nice and cool once more. However, upon putting the key into the blade it showed a F1 and oil can symbol. The F1 stayed on for maybe a couple fo seconds tops then disappeared. The oil can symbol disappeared upon starting the engine and I got home all okay. I have left in under wraps since as I dont want to risk any damage to it. It had been serviced in February. done about 1500 miles since, and had new oil too and its well looked after. It ran absolutely fine on the way back - a journey of no more than 8 miles. Luckily I still have my plodder CB500 for the commutes to work so I am still mobile. But I wanted to know what this is likely to be, I have booked in to my local dealership to check it out - they aren't Honda but know my bike very well and have fixed any problems in the past. Is this likely to be a MAP sensor issue? Or Oil pressure issue? Valves need adjusting? I really don't know, so your help here is hugely appreciated as I am gutted about this. Help
Frasblade is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 06-11-2013, 9:31 AM
 
Join Date: 04-03-2012
Location: Chasing range rovers.
Posts: 3,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 113
                     
Re: F1 + Oil light CBR929RR when key turned on

The oil light will be on when the engine's not running. It'll go off when the engine starts.

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
Sky91 is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 06-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: F1 + Oil light CBR929RR when key turned on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasblade View Post
Hi there,
Hoping you can hope me, my pride and joy sent me an error message on Saturday. I had been stuck in traffic and the temp was getting high, fan kicked in at 105 C and I got to where I was going and it was nice and cool once more. However, upon putting the key into the blade it showed a F1 and oil can symbol. The F1 stayed on for maybe a couple fo seconds tops then disappeared. The oil can symbol disappeared upon starting the engine and I got home all okay. I have left in under wraps since as I dont want to risk any damage to it. It had been serviced in February. done about 1500 miles since, and had new oil too and its well looked after. It ran absolutely fine on the way back - a journey of no more than 8 miles. Luckily I still have my plodder CB500 for the commutes to work so I am still mobile. But I wanted to know what this is likely to be, I have booked in to my local dealership to check it out - they aren't Honda but know my bike very well and have fixed any problems in the past. Is this likely to be a MAP sensor issue? Or Oil pressure issue? Valves need adjusting? I really don't know, so your help here is hugely appreciated as I am gutted about this. Help

I thought both those warning lights come on with ignition and go off when the engine starts?

Just checked the Owner's Manual.
Attached Thumbnails
929 Owner Manual Start Lights.jpg‎   929 Owner Manual Start Lights 2.jpg‎  

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 Old 06-11-2013, 10:24 AM
 
Join Date: 04-03-2012
Location: Chasing range rovers.
Posts: 3,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 113
                     
Re: F1 + Oil light CBR929RR when key turned on

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
I thought both those warning lights come on with ignition and go off when the engine starts?

Just checked the Owner's Manual.
The oil can symbol disappeared upon starting the engine and I got home all okay


If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
Sky91 is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 06-11-2013, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-12-2009
Location: UK
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: F1 + Oil light CBR929RR when key turned on

Hmmm, thanks for the information people :-) , yes that's exactly what it does. Bizarre, it had NEVER done that before...NEVER in the 6 years I have had it.(i ride it all year ever day -except for snow) Unfortunatley I don't have the owners manual and i have been panicing like crazy!!! This makes me breathe a little easier, perhaps the high temp just kicked things to life?? 105 C is the highest its ever got - normally it gets to 101 C tops before I am able to get moving and get it cooled. I suppose an oil and coolant change wont hurt it though, means I can get the oil pressure double checked, just for my own 100% peace of mind!!
I have been on this site many times looking at slight minor problems I have experienced and found it really useful. This is my first time of posting on it and I must say - top notch!! If you guys are ever in Hemel Hempstead and see a tweaked black 929 - pull me over and say I owe you a beer!! They are on me!!! thanks!!!!
Frasblade is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 06-11-2013, 10:26 AM
 
Join Date: 04-03-2012
Location: Chasing range rovers.
Posts: 3,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 113
                     
Re: F1 + Oil light CBR929RR when key turned on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasblade View Post
pull me over and say I owe you a beer!! They are on me!!! thanks!!!!
I'd rather say you owe us a beer

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
Sky91 is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 06-11-2013, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-12-2009
Location: UK
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: F1 + Oil light CBR929RR when key turned on

Would be my pleasure to get you drinks - beers are cheaper than blade parts!!!

Pics of what to look out for if youre my neckof the woods
Attached Thumbnails
Fireblade3.JPG‎   motion6.JPG‎  
Frasblade is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me. Honda CBR 1000rr 2006 does'nt start(malfunction light is turned) DJVaron Honda FireBlade 11 09-09-2012 8:54 PM
2000 cbr929rr...lost the clutch, oil light on, plus overheating lcain28 Honda FireBlade 8 05-02-2011 10:07 PM
CBR929RR Help ( F1 ) sign + red solid light on emazens Honda FireBlade 14 05-18-2010 10:13 AM
2001 cbr929rr FI sensor light andrew2001 Honda FireBlade 1 02-26-2006 10:33 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome