hong kong fairing kit? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 06-21-2013, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

hong kong fairing kit?

just curious for any input on injection mold hong kong fairings. do they fit nicely? are they ****? should i look for oem? anything i find being oem is and looks used and abused. i found some really cheap ones on ebay. lets discuss!

Fit for Honda CBR 954 RR 2002 2003 Bodywork Fairing ABS Plastics Set 11 | eBay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-21-2013, 3:48 PM

Reputation Power: 8

Re: hong kong fairing kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky954 View Post
just curious for any input on injection mold hong kong fairings. do they fit nicely? are they ****? should i look for oem? anything i find being oem is and looks used and abused. i found some really cheap ones on ebay. lets discuss!

Fit for Honda CBR 954 RR 2002 2003 Bodywork Fairing ABS Plastics Set 11 | eBay
I plan to purchase the Repsol plastics for mine from China. My buddy had an R6 that was smashed and the Chinese plastics fit very well. I say good bang for the buck
post #3 of 20 Old 06-21-2013, 3:50 PM

no problems here have them on a fireblade and an rc51
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 06-22-2013, 1:12 PM Thread Starter

very cool guys, i feel a lot better about the fact that i made a purchase before i posted this lol. my buddy purchased the repsol edition fairings for his 2003 cbr 600rr and he said they vibrate and feel cheap. also did not perfectly line up with bolts but overall fit and worked out. he did say it is quite the bang for the buck though
post #5 of 20 Old 06-22-2013, 1:42 PM

Never fitted one to a 900 but fitted one last month on my little nephews CBR125. It fitted pretty well and I was surprised at how thick and well made it felt. I did, however have to slot a couple of the mounting holes so it sat square.
post #6 of 20 Old 06-22-2013, 2:33 PM

Reputation Power: 9

Ive just fitted a Chinese Fairing Kit!
The quality is better than i thought, fitting was ok, a bit fiddly, but doable!
post #7 of 20 Old 06-23-2013, 3:10 AM

if you are a little clever while installing it comes out really great. I used some rubber hoses I cut down to use as washers where some of the mounts were, to help with spacing, vibration, and lining up. I didn't have any issues that were a big deal at all. My experience was with auctmarts for an '08 gsxr600 back in like 2010
post #8 of 20 Old 06-23-2013, 8:31 AM

Reputation Power: 9

Rubber washers are defo handy yes!
post #9 of 20 Old 06-23-2013, 1:52 PM

just installed a set on my 02 954 and for the most part they fit pretty well the front fascia was a bit of a hassle to get the headlight in but for the most part went right together im pretty sure the the set you bought are from the same company as well
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0277.JPG‎  
post #10 of 20 Old 06-27-2013, 8:47 PM

dont wast your time. never know you will get. some are good some are really bad. have had many sets on bikes i have bought. plastic is thin and breaks easily, tabs are glued on and break off with little pressure, holes never line up, fairings panels usually dont line up straight, fairing molds arent the right size too big or small. i have never had a set that fit good. always had to re drill holes and bet brackets to make them work. better off get oem and painting them you will much happier.
post #11 of 20 Old 07-02-2013, 10:51 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via AIM to ap10046 Send a message via Yahoo to ap10046

Quote:
Originally Posted by garylkendall View Post
dont wast your time. never know you will get. some are good some are really bad. have had many sets on bikes i have bought. plastic is thin and breaks easily, tabs are glued on and break off with little pressure, holes never line up, fairings panels usually dont line up straight, fairing molds arent the right size too big or small. i have never had a set that fit good. always had to re drill holes and bet brackets to make them work. better off get oem and painting them you will much happier.
I would have to agree with this.
I bought a set for my F3 build (it's a constant work in progress, on the 600's forum).
At first sight, they look very good!
But the edges are not clean and look unfinished, as does the paint that seems to have stopped short of the corners in some places.
Most of the holes, especially around the windscreen WILL need to be drilled out as they are very small. The headlight would not align, so I had to actually "break off" and re-attach a few mounting points.
Could not get the front fairing and the sides to align, but have seemed to have sorted that out now.
The Tank cover snapped, quite literally, in half when I tried putting it on, so just ended up repainting the original tank.

But considering the price you pay for a completely painted "bolt-on" fairing, it does makes sense, rather than spending on 2nd hand, maybe damaged, OEM fairings and then painting them.

..It's NOT the money I envy most of Millionaires.... It's what they can do with it that pains!!
post #12 of 20 Old 07-03-2013, 9:50 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap10046 View Post
I would have to agree with this.
I bought a set for my F3 build (it's a constant work in progress, on the 600's forum).
At first sight, they look very good!
But the edges are not clean and look unfinished, as does the paint that seems to have stopped short of the corners in some places.
Most of the holes, especially around the windscreen WILL need to be drilled out as they are very small. The headlight would not align, so I had to actually "break off" and re-attach a few mounting points.
Could not get the front fairing and the sides to align, but have seemed to have sorted that out now.
The Tank cover snapped, quite literally, in half when I tried putting it on, so just ended up repainting the original tank.

But considering the price you pay for a completely painted "bolt-on" fairing, it does makes sense, rather than spending on 2nd hand, maybe damaged, OEM fairings and then painting them.
Agree...

You got what you pay for
post #13 of 20 Old 07-15-2013, 7:44 PM Thread Starter

yes i have to say... they have been a very big pain in the ass and surely fit terrible lol. but hey... i gave it a try. very informative feed though and i appreciate the the input
post #14 of 20 Old 07-15-2013, 8:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

Seems to be hit or miss on these. For each one of the positives and negatives can you list the seller of the items/company that made them? I would assume that most of these were purchased from different manufacturers and for different bikes. Would be useful to list manufacturer and bike make/model. Please?

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #15 of 20 Old 07-15-2013, 8:34 PM

these are hong kong fairings,i just had to drill the mounting holes out to size,and they fitted perfect
Attached Thumbnails
Photo1676.jpg‎  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page