00 929rr, charging problems, did stator and r/r test. Something different! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-29-2013, 1:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

00 929rr, charging problems, did stator and r/r test. Something different!

Hey guys, i got a 00 929rr that is starting to have the charging issues.. So i been searching on here and found out a lot of info. But i didnt find the answer to what i have going on. So as far as i know after the tests, it seems my stator and r/r is good, although while running, not getting any charge at battery with vom. So as im checking, i find this. The 2 clips from the r/r, one with 3 yellow from stator, the other from r/r to harness, 2 red, 2 green. At idle, yellows plugged in, red/green unplugged, on the r/r side, both reds have 14.0 volts. One i plug that clip back in, the 14.0 goes away. ??? Batt is 3 months old, 12.2 volts, stays at 12.2 running. Also, i left the green/red plug unplugged, and ran a jumper wire from the reds, straight to the positive on the bat, and hooked my VOM inline with the jumper wire, as soon as i touch the jumper wire to the bat, the 14.0v goes away, back to 12.2v.

Any ideas? Is one or the other too weak? A short?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-30-2013, 5:26 AM

Reputation Power: 36

Re: 00 929rr, charging problems, did stator and r/r test. Something different!

What rate is your battery being charged with bike around 5-6krpm? When hot and when cold
You say only chargeing 12.2v while idleing?
what exactly did you'test'? Ohm your stator wires ab bc ac? Was it good. Stator testing with ohm meter can still be inconclusive of if it actually is bad.
Could your bike possibly overcharge the battery and killed it? Will the battery start the Bike?
post #3 of 5 Old 06-30-2013, 8:10 PM Thread Starter

Yes, cold or hot, 5-6k, or idle. 12.2v.
Checked the ac v out of stator, 3 yellow from stator, got like 10v, 5v, and 55v on the last one. Did the check on the r/r side of yellow wires. Not running. Both probes touching each prong in connector, 0.0 ohms on all. Then vom grounded to frame, got a couple different readings, between 0.0 and0.5 i think.

Tomorow morn im going to place an order for a new stator and r/r. This is my daily driver so the last thing i want to do is be dealing with this nonsense.. So at the first sight im thinking i should just replace it all?

So basicly if you, and anyone else, think its a stator or r/r problem, vs a wiring issue i can trace... Im just going to replace it and be done.

Your thoughts? If i replace them both, what are the chanxes of it still not charging? What else is in the system that could go wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-30-2013, 8:13 PM Thread Starter

No chance of overcharge, started cranking over slow last 3 days, then one morn barely barelyy cranked over, rode 15 miles to work, turned it off, tryd to start it again. Got one crank and thats it. Charged the batt at work at my shop and rode home..
post #5 of 5 Old 07-01-2013, 2:05 AM

Reputation Power: 36

Your stator leads should be at 50v each. There's your problem!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page