Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

RRT Suspension Set Up

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Flashhart 
#1 ·
Apparently K Tech don't make Flow Valves (Compression adjusters) for the early blades. However one of their premier dealers designed some for my 1996 RRV so they now do the complete kit if anyone is interested.

I also have the full Race spec Nitron shock installed. It has high and low speed compression damping and a remote hydraulic pre load adjuster fitted.

My question is does anyone else have this shock fitted and what sort of settings are you running.

Does anyone have K Tech valving in their early blade forks and what sort of settings do you have. Even in the 98/99 RRW/RRX does anyone have K Tech fork internals and what are they set up as ?

I've read several magazines I have on suspension set up and am just trying to refine it,

cheers for any advice

#2 ·
You've spent all that money and now you're trying to guess settings? Get to a suspension expert and get it set up. K-tech, Steve Jordan, maxton, there are loads out there who will get it set up for you.

I have a '98 with nitron street shock. Plenty if suspension bling for my needs with its one adjuster. I reckon i am no more than one click away from ideal, which is only two clicks from the factory setting. Much simpler with just one damper adjuster!

#3 ·
You've spent all that money and now you're trying to guess settings? Get to a suspension expert and get it set up. K-tech, Steve Jordan, maxton, there are loads out there who will get it set up for you.

I have a '98 with nitron street shock. Plenty if suspension bling for my needs with its one adjuster. I reckon i am no more than one click away from ideal, which is only two clicks from the factory setting. Much simpler with just one damper adjuster!
Hello,

I didn't spend "all that money and am guessing settings". The dealer had the race shock on the shelf from someone who cancelled an order sometime ago. He did me a deal and I paid around £50 more than you could buy a sport shock for.
I also didn't pay for the K Tech flow valves so got a very good deal.

I was just interested to see what other people were running out of interest as I enjoy trying different settings. Yes I have the factory base settings and yes one or two clicks either side of this can totally change the feel of the bike. The rear shock is such lovely quality that it's like that, one click can really be felt.
Was just wondering what other people are running !!!!

#4 ·
I think you're barking up the wrong tree tbh. Not only is the target audience of people with your model and mods very small (have I misread where you say you have one of a kind fork mods??) but everyone likes different feel and feedback and uses their bike differently.

Nitron do make some lovely quality gear though don't they? The street was he one for me, black/grey shock in a black/grey bike and what do I want with a ride height adjuster anyway? For reference the street shock is a few mm longer than original on a 98, which fitted my requirements nicely.

#5 ·
Yes possibly I guess there wont be others that have the K Tech full valve kit as mine was the trial initial fitment but I also wanted to just let everyone know they are now available for the early Blades.

I would have bought the cheaper Nitron shock as well, it was just that the dealer had one on his shelf that he did at such a good price. Yes I agree it's probably over the top but it is beautiful.

The remote pre load adjuster is great as well. No spanners etc just turn the handle to tweak and I do enjoy messing around with it. I'm also lucky as I work 5 miles from the Nitron factory so just pop in for top advice.

Spoke to K Tech today as well and have a much better understanding now of their kits.

I've fitted the new Bridgestone S20s and really quite like them. Ok not the very best top spec but for my standard of riding they're fine. Kept the 16" original wheel as I like the fast steering. I do have two 17" front wheels in the garage though just in case the 16" wheels go out of production lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.