929 FI light stays on, no blinking, no codes - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-03-2013, 9:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

929 FI light stays on, no blinking, no codes

So today after filling my gas tank my FI light came on and stayed on while riding. The bike runs fine, and if I shut it off and restart it the FI box and red light go away and do not come on until I start moving for a minute or so. My bike doesnt have a servo motor, but I put about 800 miles on it without the light so figured the previous owner bypassed the light when he did the mod. I cannot get any codes to show up either when troubleshooting. Any help is appreciated.

01 929
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-04-2013, 2:17 PM Thread Starter

Re: 929 FI light stays on, no blinking, no codes

So according the the manual no blinks or staying lit either means short in service check connector wire, or faulty ecm. Is it ok to ride with one of these faults until I have time to fix it? Also its weird to me that the light will not come on at idle no matter how long it runs. It only comes on while I am a good few minutes into riding. If there was a short or bad ecm wouldnt the light come on at startup?

01 929
post #3 of 7 Old 07-04-2013, 6:47 PM

Reputation Power: 113

Have a look at the diagnostic connector under the seat and make sure it's not been shorted using a paperclip or similar.

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-04-2013, 8:19 PM

Reputation Power: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by socci View Post
So according the the manual no blinks or staying lit either means short in service check connector wire, or faulty ecm. Is it ok to ride with one of these faults until I have time to fix it? Also its weird to me that the light will not come on at idle no matter how long it runs. It only comes on while I am a good few minutes into riding. If there was a short or bad ecm wouldnt the light come on at startup?
id makesure my servo motor was pluged in also
post #5 of 7 Old 07-10-2013, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

The bike does not have a servo motor. Previous owner deleted it. Never had a light until that day, then the next day it was gone. Probably rode it 100 miles with no light except for that one day.

01 929
post #6 of 7 Old 07-11-2013, 6:47 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 29

Just double checking,,,, You know the code flashes only start when the stand is down and I think the bikes in neutral?
post #7 of 7 Old 07-11-2013, 8:16 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

Most likely an intermittent short. It is fine and not shorted until you start riding, then it touches a metal surface which shorts it out. I am pretty sure that if it shorts at any time during riding that it will stay on until you shut it back off. Start checking your wiring to see if you can find some bare conductors. Also, as a way to test this, start the bike and bounce it around as much as you can safely do without actually riding it. Try to wobble it side to side (hard), and up and down to see if that triggers it. If it does, that is an immediate indicator that you do have an intermittent short.

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page