Suspension - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-03-2013, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

Suspension

My bike has 10000 miles and is pretty stable but I have it maxed out all hard and still think its missing something I've been riding for 16 years and never really got into set ups but I know I can push it harder with right set up they quit making ohlins forks for my year and not sure what kit to purchase also want to change the rear shock to fit me I know factory they r really set up for two people and want the most stable machine I can get
Sag is set to correctly I'm 180 pounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-04-2013, 1:05 AM

Reputation Power: 34

Re: Suspension

"what bike"

maxing out all settings is never the way to go.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-04-2013, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

2007 Cbr 1007 and not maxed out but still
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-04-2013, 1:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwilmoth69 View Post
My bike has 10000 miles and is pretty stable but I have it maxed out all hard and still think its missing something I've been riding for 16 years and never really got into set ups but I know I can push it harder with right set up they quit making ohlins forks for my year and not sure what kit to purchase also want to change the rear shock to fit me I know factory they r really set up for two people and want the most stable machine I can get
Sag is set to correctly I'm 180 pounds
So much to say here. Maxed out hard is probably not the way to go and unless you are racing, you really don't "need" an Ohlins fork kit. Just have them rebuilt with stiffer springs and a heavier weight oil if you find that you need a stiffer setup.
I'm no setup expert, but you need to have it done properly by setting the sag for your weight. Do some research before you commit to spending a bunch of cash for new shocks. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people drop a bunch of bucks into a nice setup and find that they are no faster than they were with their stock system. Setup is everything!
post #5 of 7 Old 07-04-2013, 2:11 PM Thread Starter

Sag is set right I'm thinking the oil and springs to but hate spending money and not just going on and doing the full kit instead part piecing and disassembly over and over
Do u think just new seals and 15 w will have a good enough improvement to see
I watch a lot of Dave moss vids and pretty much followed it to a t as far as sag rebound and compression setting I made sure my bike moves in one motion no rocking or rebouncing
post #6 of 7 Old 07-04-2013, 2:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwilmoth69 View Post
Sag is set right I'm thinking the oil and springs to but hate spending money and not just going on and doing the full kit instead part piecing and disassembly over and over
Do u think just new seals and 15 w will have a good enough improvement to see
I watch a lot of Dave moss vids and pretty much followed it to a t as far as sag rebound and compression setting I made sure my bike moves in one motion no rocking or rebouncing
Well that's good that you have an idea of what to do. How big are you and what sort of riding are you doing? Are you planning on racing?
The stock setup is pretty good for most people and a rebuild kit (springs and oil) will make a big difference and won't cost that much, compared to new Ohlins anyway. Are you looking at the rear as well?
post #7 of 7 Old 07-04-2013, 2:33 PM Thread Starter

I'm 6 3 and 180 and I ride very aggressive when able and safe and I do plan on starting track days but have a lot of little thing to do to the bike to get it ready and I feel something is needed in suspension I may just try that and see where it takes me
And yes rear to I read that stick is really set up for two people which I believe is fixable thru the sag and compression settings but not really sure what they mean figured just buying a racing set up and figuring it out would be fun learning experience and buying new will give the drive to really get involved learning seems spending money always get me more into it with new and shiny parts lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page