Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

900rr knocking

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  kbiker76 
#1 ·
Hey guys I just got through putting my bike back together and have been riding it for a couple weeks and today it seemed to have developed a knock. Only seems to do it when the engine is under load doesn't seem to do it when the clutch is pulled in or free revving in neutral. Doesn't seem like its running right either. seems to have lost some power. I know it was burning a little oil as it was throwing out a puff of blue smoke when you revved it higher.

I'm worried it may be a rod knock at the very least the clutch is messed up is what I'm thinking. Anybody have any ideas as to what this could be? I would get a video but like I said its only doing it under load while riding in gear.

Any idea's?

Thanks,
Connor

#3 · (Edited)
No wheelies got on it a few times but mostly just cruising around to work and and a few short rides. About 350 miles in 2 weeks ish. Back together meaning I stripped the bike down and replaced the main frame because of title issues and some damage. Engine wasn't touched just dropped out the bottom and put back in after some degreasing and cleaning. Just pulled the pan tonight and there were no shavings in the pan or oil but the oil was brown and cloudy so there is obviously coolant in the oil. Also when I pulled the exhaust the was a lot of oil in the #2exhaust so I'm thinking its a blown headgasket and the piston rings are bad on #2 at least. Looks like ill be dropping the engine once again to rebuild.

#4 ·
Any other advice guys? I'm about to tear into this bad boy tonight. I'm under the impression that I have lost the piston rings on at least #2 so ill be changing out the rings at a minimum most likely ah into bore it over and get new pistons. Headgasket will be changed and most likely the rod bearings as well. Anything else you guys can think of that I should be looking at?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.