i gota know - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 07-05-2013, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 8

i gota know

at 2:44 it shows a set of injectors above the throttle bodies inside the air box am wondering whats the deal? pretty sure its not nitrous. any thought?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-05-2013, 11:03 AM

Reputation Power: 7

Re: i gota know

Looks like they just relocated the injectors? Don't ask me why but just what it looks like...
post #3 of 12 Old 07-05-2013, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqcbr954 View Post
Looks like they just relocated the injectors? Don't ask me why but just what it looks like...
kinda what i was thinkin and it made no sense to me either. sounds diffrent thats forsure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 07-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris954rr View Post
CBR 954 Evoluzione della Specie - YouTube
at 2:44 it shows a set of injectors above the throttle bodies inside the air box am wondering whats the deal? pretty sure its not nitrous. any thought?

Secondary injectors, probably from the 1000RR.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 12 Old 07-05-2013, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
reasoning behind this?
post #6 of 12 Old 07-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
reasoning behind this?

Probably for the same reasons the 1000RR has secondaries.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #7 of 12 Old 07-05-2013, 1:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Probably for the same reasons the 1000RR has secondaries.
more fuel at higher rpm's? whatever the reason looks like alota work for very little gain in hp. looks like it would work well for a nitrous set up to add extra fuel when needed

Last edited by chris954rr; 07-05-2013 at 1:08 PM.
post #8 of 12 Old 07-05-2013, 1:07 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
not really an answear, so am going to guess its for more fuel at higher rpm's

In my defense, it wasn't much of a question ;-)
That would be my assumption as there's little to be gained by spraying additional fuel in at low RPM and/or less than full throttle.
To do this though would require a fuel controller that can operate the injectors seperately. Is he using the 1000RR ECU as well?
The 954 ECU would fire both injectors all the time as far as I can see, not really a problem, just not very effective.

post #9 of 12 Old 07-05-2013, 1:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
In my defense, it wasn't much of a question ;-)
That would be my assumption as there's little to be gained by spraying additional fuel in at low RPM and/or less than full throttle.
To do this though would require a fuel controller that can operate the injectors seperately. Is he using the 1000RR ECU as well?
The 954 ECU would fire both injectors all the time as far as I can see, not really a problem, just not very effective.
i see thank u

i thought he might be using a old school power comander with the little nobs inside you turn with a screw driver to adjust the fuel. setin all the dials on it the same rpm and havin secondiars come in at that rpm because there all set the same, just thinkin out loud i could be wrong. i had a maunel power comander on my 954 for awhile when spraying it. it worked well but my bike was always running rich when not spraying it. needless to say, it came off pretty quick

Last edited by chris954rr; 07-05-2013 at 1:25 PM.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-05-2013, 3:45 PM

Reputation Power: 7

Quote:
I thought about that but did not think they were due to like you said they should be only when full throttle. But could still be and just not set up right.
post #11 of 12 Old 07-06-2013, 1:52 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqcbr954 View Post
I thought about that but did not think they were due to like you said they should be only when full throttle. But could still be and just not set up right.

I didn't look at the video but to get the secondaries to function as they're designed to he would have to use a different ECU, or some high-tech fuel management system.
I'm sure they would work fine if both are firing full-time as you would alter the mapping to suit that. But I doubt there'd be any advantage to doing it this way.

post #12 of 12 Old 07-26-2013, 3:37 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
reasoning behind this?
It's there primarily to give the fuel more time to fully evaporate at high rpm before it goes past the intake valve(s). Even with large injection bodies, the air's truly honking down the hole when you're deep into the good part of the powerband, and the last thing you want is any liquid fuel being vaporized after the combustion event begins.

An injector located in the port of the head is so close that at high revs there may not be enough time for the fuel to vaporize properly. Not all engines have this issue, but if you find it, you need to either change to a fuel that vaporizes easier, heat the air and/or the fuel, or increase the contact time.

It takes time to vaporize fuel, and in this case more distance = more time. Not a lot more, but enough.

Another potential benefit is that you can have more precision at low revs by only using the first injector: using only one means that the low fuel flows required at low power settings are easier to control precisely.

Bringing the other one upstairs on line smoothly is just a different problem for the injection mapping to deal with. :nod

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page