Rough at 5500 rpm - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-07-2013, 8:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

Rough at 5500 rpm

I'm use to carbed Ducati and the superhawk motors
And my bike is a Cbr 1000 2007 which I'm a newb at the mechanics of but it seems to get really vibrated at around 5000 and smooths back out at 6 or seven I mean super smooth so I'm wondering if this is normal for theese motors I assume it is but just curious u all have been great to me and I know I threw a lot out at once but I want to know all I can before I start modding the engine I want it to be smooth all over the range and I end up riding above this vibration and prob need to as this bike thrives at that range but seems to go speed limits I'm stuck at five lol can I add a seventh gear lolol
But seriously is something wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-02-2013, 12:01 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Rough at 5500 rpm

just picked up an 06 with the same issue, hoping its not some expensive bug in the ointment that noones telling us about. Havent run across anyone with a 1000 yet since i picked mine up but plan on comparing apples as soon as i do! Dont want to change a bunch of internals if nothings wrong.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-02-2013, 6:13 PM Thread Starter

From what I've figured out it just seems to be the frequency the motor runs at that rpm other bikes do it in other ranges its kinda like bass I guess some smooth and some rough frequencies so that makes since to me so I feel better now that I added the Pcv and auto tune it is a lot better but still there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-05-2013, 4:32 PM

Reputation Power: 0

its from the chain tensioner - it wears out after time and the chain isn't kept as "tight" as it should be... getting a new fresh tensioner will solve this problem...

Nico
post #5 of 7 Old 08-06-2013, 1:14 PM Thread Starter

So ur saying a vibration at only 5 to 6 k is the adjuster on the back of my swing arm ?
It's not at the last setting maybe a Lil over half way back I'm buying a new sprocket and chain set
As well as a new Cush drive ( I can turn my sprocket by hand a quarte inch ��
I trust ur opinion but I'm curious to how that would only effect a certain range and when u say new u mean the whole assembly the start screws and all ?
post #6 of 7 Old 08-06-2013, 6:24 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwilmoth69 View Post
So ur saying a vibration at only 5 to 6 k is the adjuster on the back of my swing arm ?
It's not at the last setting maybe a Lil over half way back I'm buying a new sprocket and chain set
As well as a new Cush drive ( I can turn my sprocket by hand a quarte inch ��
I trust ur opinion but I'm curious to how that would only effect a certain range and when u say new u mean the whole assembly the start screws and all ?
I believe RepsolBG is talking about the Cam Chain Tensioner, not your drive chain adjuster. However, I'm pretty sure there should be zero play in your rear sprocket. The rubber dampers dilute the lash/backlash from the drivetrain. The sprocket carrier should fit nice and snug on the rear rim. The rubber dampers do wear over time, depending how aggressive you ride. 1/4 " of play should not exist.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-06-2013, 6:58 PM Thread Starter

Ok I ordered the Cush drive last week so the backlash should be gone ill check the cam next thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page