Anyone with a newer 1krr have a noisy/loud drive chain?
There's this one issue that's been bugging me about my 2013. The chain is unusually loud. I had a 2012 before this and never noticed it to be a problem. I had the dealer look at it and ride it and they said they "can hear the rollers of the chain" when riding but that it's "Normal chain noise". When I had my bike dyno'd yesterday I had the tuner listen for the noise and he said its the chain and that it seems to be a loudER chain, comparatively.
- when I'm passing a divider or wall on the highway I hear it the most...or when passing a car.
- seems to be throttle related. Mostly heard when giving throttle.
- when I'm not riding near a wall or divider, if I turn my head and duck down to the chain area, it's heard. Otherwise I can't hear it in normal riding position.
- I've tried all sorts of lubes and waxes...nothing works.
- it's been properly adjusted 3x. Even had my tuner adjust it for good measure.
- bike has 1500 miles
Is there anyone else with a newer 1kkrr that's noticed this? It's driving me crazy and I don't know what else to do to quite down the noise. No other bike of mine has done this, not even my previous 2012 1krr which is identical to this bike.
I honestly forgot if I wiped off the factory grease on the chain that's supposed to prevent rusting when I bought the bike. If I did happen to that, could that be the reason for the noisy chain? I don't think it should especially since I lubed it very well since then.