954RR Partial Throttle Stutter & Dying - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-08-2013, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

954RR Partial Throttle Stutter & Dying

I purchased a 954RR a couple months ago and it has a full Two Brothers exhaust and PC IIIR. It rode fine for the first month, but then started having problems when I was cruising down the road at partial throttle. Now it is to the point where it will pretty violently stutter at partial throttle and even occasionally die.

When cruising down the road, the tach needle will drop to 0 and then jump back to ~4k (depending on how fast and what gear, obviously), do this a few times and the MIL and FI light will come on, but if I give it more throttle, it will smooth out and the lights will turn off, but if I leave it at part throttle or pull the clutch, it will die. If it dies, I can instantly start it back up and it will then run fine for a little bit.

I checked the FPR by taking the vacuum line off and pressurizing the system and no fuel dripped out. I changed the spark plugs and even disconnected the PC and it still has the same problems.

I will use a jumper wire and check the MIL for codes when I get home today, but I'm not sure if any codes are stored because the light only stays on when it is stuttering, otherwise it will turn off.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-08-2013, 12:21 PM

Reputation Power: 7

Re: 954RR Partial Throttle Stutter & Dying

Check your battery connections first off I have had the same signs before and it was a loose battery connection. Just a guess and is very easy to check!
post #3 of 5 Old 07-08-2013, 1:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqcbr954 View Post
Check your battery connections first off I have had the same signs before and it was a loose battery connection. Just a guess and is very easy to check!
Will check, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-08-2013, 8:47 PM Thread Starter

Checked the battery, the positive terminal was loose. Tightened it up, took it for a spin and it ran great! Thanks jqcbr954 for the suggestion, I seem to always overlook the simple stuff.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-08-2013, 10:49 PM

Reputation Power: 8

tps?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page