New 954 (to me) w/ electrical problem - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-11-2013, 8:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

New 954 (to me) w/ electrical problem

I just bought an 03 954RR with 3,500 miles on it and am so stoked at how it rides and feels. My last bike was a 929 and I loved it, so when I saw one with this few miles, I jumped on it.

The bike has an undertail kit with a running light, brake light, and two turn signals built in (all LED), as well as cheap flush mount LED turn signals that don't quite cover the hole in the fairing.

I rode the bike for a little while and noticed that the blinker light on the gauge cluster wasn't blinking, so I stopped and checked on it. The blinkers and the brake light are both out, and the fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse, but within a few miles the same thing happened. I want to get new flush mount LED turn signals, but would really like to fix the problem at the same time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-12-2013, 2:01 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage
Re: New 954 (to me) w/ electrical problem

If you are blowing fuses that means there is too much power being drawn through that fuse. Start checking your wiring, most likely start with the front blinkers that don't fit properly in the first place. My guess would be that you are shorting somewhere (sh*tty install) from an improperly spliced wire. I have seen this on more than a dozen bikes when people get in a hurry to install new stuff. Let me know what you find.

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #3 of 4 Old 07-12-2013, 7:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Thanks for the reply. I just bought a pair of proton flush mounts for the front as well as a relay, so as soon as I get them I plan on troubleshooting the electrical problem as well. I'll let you know what I find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-12-2013, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

Nice call on the protons. If you see the bike in my avatar, the clear front flushmounts are protons. Went in easy, fit perfect, and are nice and bright. Get them in, check the wiring while you're in there, could easily be the cause of your headache.

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Tags
954rr 954

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page