playboy project - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

playboy project

Sorry for lack of write up I will do when home on pc as im using my phone but basically it started life as a std 1997 blade now it has full yoshi system cut to a stubby big dyno jet kit with viking mod . Gsxr k2 rear unit std cone but trimmed alot and fibre classed to get the newr look effect I hope lol short levers and ive tried to copy adk playboy job
As I do all the decals n printing myself made life a bit easier . Still lots left to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Re: playboy project

Plus the white wheels and black frame / swing arm
post #3 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

Looking pretty damn good on this end. What else are you planning to do to it? Phenomenal job on the headlights too! Is that a different upper cowl or just modified?

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Just modified mate sides trimed and shaped and the inside where it meets screen bought into a point then I made a mould and adddd the centre shape where its white and bought into a point more like the modedn bikes .
Jobs left are poss newer thinner rear unit vent mesh fitted and more trimmed off the fairing .
And the 2 plaztic parts coveri g the fuse box and indicator relay are now removed as ive moulded them onto the cowl like a race fairing .
Im fiting digi clocks usd forks not sure Bout swing arm yet I would love and underseat system to ..
post #5 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 1:04 AM

Garage

A lot of people have run single sided swingarms on the 900's. Check lambchop's project for some good information switching out to a vfr800 swinger. You are considering and undertail exhaust or fairing? I think undertail exhausts are over-rated. I personally like the side mounts better.

Edit: Great job on the upper.. I thought you had just switched the upper out, but wow amazing work. It has the same shape, but the headlights look fantastic, and much cleaner than stock.

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #6 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 1:14 AM Thread Starter

If I can get a small trumpet /moto gp style then im happy with side mount also weight wise I weighed all that took off taking into consideration whats replaced and lost 11kg
post #7 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 1:34 AM

Garage

Leo Vince GP Style Universal Can With Carbon Fiber Bracket - 50mm | MotoSport

This kind of GP exhaust?

post #8 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 1:37 AM Thread Starter

Thats the 1 mate the prob I got it I dont know any fabricators or machinest hence my other post about forts and swing arms . What fits straight on no messing lol
post #9 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 1:53 AM

Garage

I much doubt anything does. I know the one chops used only need a few MM shaved off of it and a spacer to align everything properly. Unfortunately I think he sold it to fund the RSV swinger he attached later. Definitely go check out his winter revamp thread to get some solid answers including what years need the least amount of machining.

post #10 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 3:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 77

Yes VFR800 arm fits but does need some fab work to fit, not so much the frame but the arm itself needs the two bearing on the brake side recessing further into the arm and 4-5mm taking off. Cant remember all the measurements sorry should really have taken some better photos and recorded all measurements to help out other folk

VFR750 arms fit not issue with only a spacer as the whole lot is smaller than the blade frame, but they do look thin and a little weedy compared to the 800 arm

Sold the complete modded arm and wheel for £300 in the end.

Front end wise cbr954 929 frontend goes right on no messing but you need the whole lot, wheel, brakes yokes etc ect. If you want a multi spoke front wheel the the SP1 / SP2 wheel fits with some custom spacers or if your feeling tight some 2 and 3mm washers does the job

I used 954 yokes and cbr1000RR5 forks, all works great and you then get radial calipers too, happy days

Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/2ISgxtQXs9o

My 900RR Winter Project
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html
post #11 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 4:41 AM

Garage

Speak of the devil! I told you he'd give you some killer info, and most machine shops should be able to do the work, and probably for a decent price to boot. It is worth a shot if you like it. I think it gives the bike a killer look, though honestly my RVT1000R is going to keep its stock swing arm. I may eventually switch it out, but not sure. I don't plan on doing too much to the bike, definitely a paint job so it's not pure red.... after that some mods to give it moar power sound great It has a full exhaust, just needs PC3. Might have the head shaved down to up the compression ratio, I think it's only like 10.8:1 from the factory......kinda low.

post #12 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 5:10 AM

Just to add, the 800 arm is very heavy though as is any SSA arm. I did measure it all when I swapped it over and its 10lb heaver than stock if I remember correctly.. RSV arm is the same weight as stock, but the caliper and hanger is lighter than the blade one so this swaps saves 1.5lbs

My 900RR Winter Project
post #13 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 5:21 AM

Garage

So 1.5lbs of weight savings (unsprung weight at that), and killer looks? Sounds like a worthwhile upgrade. Unsprung weight is the best weight to reduce to increase acceleration! That's why you see so many people do the 520 chain/sprocket conversion, saves a little weight overall.

post #14 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 7:17 AM

Yep thats right Demon thats why I swapped it, + I really wanted a 6" rear wheel so I could run 190 tyres as the 180 just looks too thin from the rear. If I were doing the RSV arm swap again I would use the RSV wheels also as saves agro with wheel alignment and the caliper catching the wheel, you need to shave a small amount off the caliper to clear the wheel otherwise.

OZ wheels on the RSV factory so they go nice too hey, while you ripping bits of an RSV why not take the Ohlins frontend also while your there!! haha Thats something I could be tempted with myself..

My 900RR Winter Project
post #15 of 15 Old 07-16-2013, 7:50 AM

Garage

SP2 = 190 rear stock.... just saying

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page