1995 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade - Need Help - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 07-22-2013, 5:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

1995 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade - Need Help

Okay so this is going to be a somewhat long-ish question that ive had in mind for a long time and need to invest in my motorcycle.

Motorcycle - 1995 CBR900RR Fireblade (893 cc)

Mods - Yoshi RS-3 Slip on

1) Is it possible to attach the tail of an 08+ Blade ?

2) Need new Brake rotors below 100$ new - Any suggestions

3) Will the Akrapovic GP exhaust off the Gixxer / Dan-Moto off the 929 fit my bike?

4) What are the symptoms of a bad clutch.

5) Rearsets / Adjustable Clip-Ons a good option for sport touring?

6) I want to use onl 1 light during low beam and both during hi-beam - How can i do this . Bulbs are stock reccomended.

7) Can i use individual carburettors from smaller single cylinder bikes as opposed to the orignal unit ?

8) Front Fork feels very stiff and it gets hard to throw it into corners - Solution Please.

Thank You .

- Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-22-2013, 5:30 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage
Re: 1995 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade - Need Help

1) Is it possible to attach the tail of an 08+ Blade ?
Anything is possible, it is just a matter of effort and/or money that you are willing to put into the work to convert it.
2) Need new Brake rotors below 100$ new - Any suggestions
Ebay-find some chinese rotors, they have received good reviews from members of the .org so far
3) Will the Akrapovic GP exhaust off the Gixxer / Dan-Moto off the 929 fit my bike?
Are we talking about just the can or the entire exhaust (headers back)? If just the can, refer to answer to #1
4) What are the symptoms of a bad clutch.
Pick up the manual for your bike, it will walk you through all of this! Generally speaking though, failure to disengage while in gear is the #1 indicator, a lot of slippage while shifting is also a good indicator.
Almost a matter of pure preference. As the name implies they are adjustable, if you find yours uncomfortable, they might be worth a look.
6) I want to use onl 1 light during low beam and both during hi-beam - How can i do this . Bulbs are stock reccomended.
This should actually be the stock set-up. Hondas have pretty much always only used 1 side during low-beam operation, high-beams simply turned the other side on as well (different aim-point as well)
7) Can i use individual carburettors from smaller single cylinder bikes as opposed to the orignal unit ?
Your bike should have 4 carbs on it, better to stick with this set-up as the carbs are all linked together to work in unison. Trying to set up 4 different carbs to work in sync individually would yield no benefit plus be a pain in the arse to set up.
8) Front Fork feels very stiff and it gets hard to throw it into corners - Solution Please.
Either adjust the suspension, i.e. set static sag front and rear, or (better thought) ride it to a local suspension guru and have him tune the suspension to you. For around $100 they can set your suspension to work with your weight, after that it's up to you for feel, ask for advice from said suspension guru!

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #3 of 16 Old 07-22-2013, 5:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks @RRDemon .

Your reply was of great help to me.

Where can i source the tail piece of the new Blade. couldn't find the entire tailpiece on eBay, and something that would ship worldwide. So if you could help me with such links.

And about the exhaust , if I'm not wrong I would just need a custom mid -pipe right?

And my clutch, the lifter was the issue . Ill need a new one .

- Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-22-2013, 5:44 AM

Reputation Power: 8

1) Is it possible to attach the tail of an 08+ Blade anythings possible with enough time an money seen alota older blades with tail swaps on here so am sure it woulldnt be a problem.

2) Need new Brake rotors below 100$ new - 95 96 97 Honda CBR 900 900RR Front Left Right Brake Rotors Bolts | eBay

3) Will the Akrapovic GP exhaust off the Gixxer / Dan-Moto off the 929 fit my bike? with modification any pipe will fit i suggest just buying a unverisal slip on

4hat are the symptoms of a bad clutch. what does your bike do that makes you think the clutch is bad?

Woodcraft 3 inch Clip Ons Riser Assembly 45mm Silver Bars Honda CBR900RR 93 99 | eBay
one of many options

6) I want to use onl 1 light during low beam and both during hi-beam - How can i do this .

7) Can i use individual carburettors from smaller single cylinder bikes as opposed to the orignal unit ? better off goin with sumthin like this imo
Keihin FCR 39 Flatslides GSXR750 Suzuki Srad GSXR 600 750 CBR CBR900 FZR R6 ZXR | eBay

8) Front Fork feels very stiff and it gets hard to throw it into corners -
change oil and fork seals , have the bikes suspension adjusted to your weight
post #5 of 16 Old 07-22-2013, 5:45 AM

Garage

Could always order the entire set-up from Honda, or try Motosport.com. They provide excellent schematics and a ton of OEM parts, though the prices on OEM are a little high for any sportbike parts.

If you are just fitting the can, a custom mid-pipe that curves up the proper amount should do you fine. Easiest bet it to take it to an exhaust/muffler repair shop, they should be able to fit you something up fast and relatively inexpensive. Last time I had a custom piece made for my car it cost me $95 (usd) and took them about 45 minutes to cut, bend, and weld into place.

Glad you have the clutch problem figured out, I'm not much of a tranny guy to be honest.

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #6 of 16 Old 07-22-2013, 6:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris954rr View Post

1) Is it possible to attach the tail of an 08+ Blade anythings possible with enough time an money seen alota older blades with tail swaps on here so am sure it woulldnt be a problem.

2) Need new Brake rotors below 100$ new - 95 96 97 Honda CBR 900 900RR Front Left Right Brake Rotors Bolts | eBay

3) Will the Akrapovic GP exhaust off the Gixxer / Dan-Moto off the 929 fit my bike? with modification any pipe will fit i suggest just buying a unverisal slip on

4hat are the symptoms of a bad clutch. what does your bike do that makes you think the clutch is bad?

Woodcraft 3 inch Clip Ons Riser Assembly 45mm Silver Bars Honda CBR900RR 93 99 | eBay
one of many options

6) I want to use onl 1 light during low beam and both during hi-beam - How can i do this .

7) Can i use individual carburettors from smaller single cylinder bikes as opposed to the orignal unit ? better off goin with sumthin like this imo
Keihin FCR 39 Flatslides GSXR750 Suzuki Srad GSXR 600 750 CBR CBR900 FZR R6 ZXR | eBay

8) Front Fork feels very stiff and it gets hard to throw it into corners -
change oil and fork seals , have the bikes suspension adjusted to your weight

For my clutch - with the clutch fully pulled in the bike still rolls in gear, the bike feels sluggish after 6500rpm and it just doesnt have that pull that you feel with all that torque . So i guess the throttle inputs are not being transferred to the rear wheel .

- Jay
post #7 of 16 Old 07-22-2013, 8:02 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayadevdange View Post
For my clutch - with the clutch fully pulled in the bike still rolls in gear, the bike feels sluggish after 6500rpm and it just doesnt have that pull that you feel with all that torque . So i guess the throttle inputs are not being transferred to the rear wheel .
Definitely sounds like a bad clutch or at least clutch fork... would take it to a shop if you do not know what to do, or find a good thread for tranny work on this site, I know there have been a few that describe what to check, how to check it, how to disassemble and reassemble the entire clutch.

post #8 of 16 Old 07-22-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDemon View Post
Definitely sounds like a bad clutch or at least clutch fork... would take it to a shop if you do not know what to do, or find a good thread for tranny work on this site, I know there have been a few that describe what to check, how to check it, how to disassemble and reassemble the entire clutch.

post #9 of 16 Old 07-23-2013, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

video was of great help

- Jay
post #10 of 16 Old 07-23-2013, 1:29 AM

Quote:
video was of great help
pretty straight forward processs basic mechanic skills and tools and you should be able to do it. glad i could help
post #11 of 16 Old 07-23-2013, 2:18 AM

Reputation Power: 36

Id leave the carbs alone other tan cleaning. They are plenty to run that bike plus an extra 100cc.
So room for advantage there unless got serious dyno money/time.

Tail conversions aren't bad if you look around some kawi tails almost bolt up. I believe. Check out the articles section or do a search. Searches are your friend. You have internet like we do. Google it up!
Click away my friend.

Chinese wave look a likes have good response and feel for road use. Dunno bout track?

Adjustable clip ons and pegs. Are creature comforts.if you don't like position of arms legs then maybe they are worth looking into.

Almost anything can be done. Are you willing to send the time or the $$$. Takes Lil or a lot of both.
post #12 of 16 Old 07-27-2013, 1:20 AM Thread Starter

I think ill go with the chinese rotors. I have a small single cylinder yamaha r15 for the track only so its alright as long as it doesnt give way on the freeway.. Roads in India are pretty good for 270kmph stretches and i have topped my bike upto 272 kmph.

I just dont see the need for buying a new liter bike, as the power to the rear wheel on my 900 is more than enough. ! and its good for a daily commute as well .

- Jay
post #13 of 16 Old 07-27-2013, 1:38 AM

Garage

Quote:
I just dont see the need for buying a new liter bike, as the power to the rear wheel on my 900 is more than enough. ! and its good for a daily commute as well .
Honestly there is probably no need for anything above a 600 on the street, but bigger bikes sure are more fun to ride. I was a little nervous about getting my 954, but after riding her around a good bit, she feels more settled and controllable than my 600 was. The power comes on very strong, but much more smoothly, and even the ride in general just feels better. I need to adjust my suspension as it does rebound a little too quick for my liking, but other than that she feels soooo much better than my '08 CBR600RR did. The seats still need to be worked on....... I think that's wishful thinking or $300+ for a new comfortable seat forever..

post #14 of 16 Old 07-27-2013, 6:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDemon View Post
Honestly there is probably no need for anything above a 600 on the street, but bigger bikes sure are more fun to ride. I was a little nervous about getting my 954, but after riding her around a good bit, she feels more settled and controllable than my 600 was. The power comes on very strong, but much more smoothly, and even the ride in general just feels better. I need to adjust my suspension as it does rebound a little too quick for my liking, but other than that she feels soooo much better than my '08 CBR600RR did. The seats still need to be worked on....... I think that's wishful thinking or $300+ for a new comfortable seat forever..
I had a guy locally make my seats for about 30$ (INR 1800) do up my seats couple of months back. It gives me the feel of riding a goldwing. Only the riding position gets me back to reality (and ofcourse the size of the seat. But comfort is top class. )

- Jay
post #15 of 16 Old 07-27-2013, 6:43 AM Thread Starter

Where can I get the orignal service manual ? Honda MS India has no idea that superbikes existed before 2009 .!

Mines a 95.

- Jay

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page