01 929 I just dont know what to do. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-27-2013, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

01 929 I just dont know what to do.

Wow been one problem after another with this bike. Well I have/had a electrical deamon and I wasnt getting any lights and I traced that back to a bad ground. I took off the plastics and took off the air box to follow the wiring harness. Got it all out back together with no extra parts or screws left over. Started and ran just fine last night and started and ran just fine this morning. While on my way to work(home to work is a 20 min ride) this morning about 5 min from work the bike started to feel laggy and jumpy and when I got to work the motor is making a loud tapping noise. Obvious worry is that somthing dropped in the velocity stacks but I don't know how that would of happen cuz everything went back together fine. Im not sure what is causing the noise or if it is even ok to ride home tonight. Anyhelp would be awsome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-27-2013, 1:26 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: 01 929 I just dont know what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhittaker06 View Post
Wow been one problem after another with this bike. Well I have/had a electrical deamon and I wasnt getting any lights and I traced that back to a bad ground. I took off the plastics and took off the air box to follow the wiring harness. Got it all out back together with no extra parts or screws left over. Started and ran just fine last night and started and ran just fine this morning. While on my way to work(home to work is a 20 min ride) this morning about 5 min from work the bike started to feel laggy and jumpy and when I got to work the motor is making a loud tapping noise. Obvious worry is that somthing dropped in the velocity stacks but I don't know how that would of happen cuz everything went back together fine. Im not sure what is causing the noise or if it is even ok to ride home tonight. Anyhelp would be awsome.

I wouldn't run it then until you determine that nothing has gotten into the intake tract or combustion chamber.
Pop the tank up, remove the airbox top, and look into the TB's while cranking the engine over with kill switch off to determine if that is definately where the noise is originating. If it is, check that all the stack screws are in place - although they should be captured in the stack holes to prevent them coming out. If you're sure the noise is coming from one of the intakes then you'd probably have to put a bore scope down there to see what's up. It wouldn't be a good thing though as it would very likely bend the valve or hole the piston.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page