GD charging system. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-27-2013, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

GD charging system.

So my bike wasn't charging and I've done all the tests. Revealing one of the wires from the stator are shot. While the other two are doing just fine. Is there a way to remedy this or do I need to buy a whole new stator?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-28-2013, 12:58 AM

Reputation Power: 36

Re: GD charging system.

If your handy send the 20$ on the 18awg maganet wire with high heat and oil resistance coating. Its easy to wrap takes few hours, yours hands will cramp but works great and cheap
If on phase isn't producing enough voltage then that phase has failed or break or shorted phase.
Its easy to rewrap really, it won't happen in a hour or two. But 3-4 hours if you just power thru it and keep going thru hand cramps. Lol I didn't even varnish mine and Iv put it to the test its fine close to 3000miles now

Rubber side down, One wheel to the sky for those who we won't forget. R.I.P homies miss you.

Last edited by 900rrHonda; 08-28-2013 at 1:04 AM.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-28-2013, 2:07 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sappercrg View Post
So my bike wasn't charging and I've done all the tests. Revealing one of the wires from the stator are shot. While the other two are doing just fine. Is there a way to remedy this or do I need to buy a whole new stator?
Another "Honda Charging Problem Thread". Glad you found the problem mang. You can get a stator dirt cheap on eBay if you don't feel like wrapping it yourself.

Wow 900
...3000K outta your hand wrapped stator? That is about how long the Genuine Honda OEM stators last.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-28-2013, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

I really don't feel like hand wrapping to be honest. Ha ha. Thanks for the idea though. I will be purchasing one on ebay.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-28-2013, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRER View Post
Another "Honda Charging Problem Thread". Glad you found the problem mang. You can get a stator dirt cheap on eBay if you don't feel like wrapping it yourself.

Wow 900
...3000K outta your hand wrapped stator? That is about how long the Genuine Honda OEM stators last.
Iv gone on 300+ mile rides only stop for fuel and right back on highway 100-115mph and over 1000miles in two days.. lots of high rpms cruiseing. Its worked flawless unlike the Rick stators iv had two of and the other 3 honda oem from Fleabay! Numerous volt/reg. I had enough so did my stator myself :-) very very simple. If you can change jetting you can wrap a stator that'll work! I'm super surprised to be honest..

But good luck with a aftermarket or used oem

I found if I rode her like a Lil wee pussy baby the stator and regs were fine. But here in Texas if your on highway you HAVE to run fast or get ran over. And I would kill brand-new stator and reg in 40 mins going to Austin

If you don't ride fast or higher then 80mph for longer periods of miles you'll be okay. Don't think about a long trip even 60miles straight 80+ mph of highway lol

Rubber side down, One wheel to the sky for those who we won't forget. R.I.P homies miss you.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-31-2013, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Also, if you rewire your own and it's done wrong, you can ruin a lot more. I'd rather not be the reason my bike if fried.
I had ordered one on ebay and just lastnight a friend called to let me know he found one for a VFR. Same stator just need to mod it a bit.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-31-2013, 2:33 PM

Hmm how similar is the vfr one just need to drill a Hole?
I looked at several differ stators but only two others in person didn't wanna have to make it fit lol.

Wish ya luck on your stator you bought! If not your 20$ and 280 something left wraps away from a good one :-)

Btw my bike has ran at over 20v , from bad stator and reg. Wasn't Good but not BAD either, killed battery but that's it. Everything was fine. Thanks FleaBay
No way to screw it up. I just would like everyone to know how Easy it truely was, to DIY stator wrap.

post #8 of 8 Old 08-31-2013, 3:39 PM Thread Starter

Well the VFR one didn't fit. Because he had it in mind that I had a 900 Fireblade.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page