CBR1000rr 2009 or 2011 - Page 2 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 Old 09-01-2013, 5:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: CBR1000rr 2009 or 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDemon View Post
Honda runs on a 2 year cycle for modifications to their platforms. 08/09, 10/11, 12/13 and so on. I personally like the Repsol myself, and in my area it is rare to see one in the Repsol scheme, though 1kRR's are fairly common. Keep your mods fairly simple unless you plan on keeping the bike for an extended period, in which case I would urge you to get the Repsol if you love the colours that much. I was debating between a blade and RC51, the blade won over the sexy 51 because I really wanted a blade.... if you're going to have it around for a few years, get what you really want!!!
I do like the repsol colours i am looking at a 2009 model but it is registered 2010. I will be keeping the bike for at least 3 years or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 09-01-2013, 6:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 65

Garage

At three years it is really a matter of preference to you. If you like the Repsol scheme that much, is it worth it to fork up the extra cash to have?

As far as modifications go, again, this falls into personal perspective of what is valuable to you. CBER is not a fan of adding tons of aftermarket parts, while Lambchops has actually rebuilt his entire bike customizing many many aspects of it. I would say and exhaust (at least slip/bolt-on) and a power commander are worth the money for a mild increase in power and a smoother power-band. Steel brake lines help with stopping better, and just about everything else falls into the cosmetic department. Even wave rotors are not needed, and do not offer a huge increase in stopping power. Most people that put them on, I think, are merely going for the different look of them, while fewer actually see track time and need the improved binders.

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #18 of 21 Old 09-01-2013, 6:02 PM

Garage

At three years it is really a matter of preference to you. If you like the Repsol scheme that much, is it worth it to fork up the extra cash to have?

As far as modifications go, again, this falls into personal perspective of what is valuable to you. CBER is not a fan of adding tons of aftermarket parts, while Lambchops has actually rebuilt his entire bike customizing many many aspects of it. I would say and exhaust (at least slip/bolt-on) and a power commander are worth the money for a mild increase in power and a smoother power-band. Steel brake lines help with stopping better, and just about everything else falls into the cosmetic department. Even wave rotors are not needed, and do not offer a huge increase in stopping power. Most people that put them on, I think, are merely going for the different look of them, while fewer actually see track time and need the improved binders.

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 21 Old 09-01-2013, 6:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Quote:

Quote:

I got double vision.

post #20 of 21 Old 09-01-2013, 6:44 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRER View Post

No clue what happened there! Great response though... had me cracking up. I was even forced to watch the video and laugh at the song. Been a while since I heard it, thanks for the laugh!

post #21 of 21 Old 09-02-2013, 8:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCartwright View Post
What year are you thinking of going for?
Ideally I would love a 2010 ABS model in the orange and silver colour scheme, but like everything else it is all down to price. I might end up with a 2008 non ABS model in the burgundy and black colour scheme, which I believe was the most unpopular scheme Honda had for the Blade...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Tags
cbr1000rr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page