'03 954 w/ K&N air, PCIII, Jradine carbon Fibre - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-09-2004, 7:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

'03 954 w/ K&N air, PCIII, Jradine carbon Fibre

I was wondering if you guys know, either from same setup or reviews or anyway....roughly what kind of boost I will get out of adding a Carbon fibre jardine RT-One exhaust(just a slip-on) and a pcIII and a K&N air filter to a stock 2003 954??

Either by part or overall or anything..I'm just very curious and anxious to find out!!

Thanks, Hellfire666
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-09-2004, 7:58 PM
ER

Re: '03 954 w/ K&N air, PCIII, Jradine carbon Fibre

I think slip-ons don't really give any noticeable gains until about 7k RPMS, and even then they're not that great. I had a Two-Brothers can on my 929 and I didn't really notice a difference. When I added a PCIII and experimented with a few maps, it ran worse than it did without the PCIII. Unless you have a map made on a dyno, I don't think the PCIII will help with just a slip-on.

What's with the nickname?
post #3 of 10 Old 03-09-2004, 8:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

A slip on won't really do much but change the sound, I don't care which one it is.
A PC3 is always a good thing, and will smooth out the power delivery noticably.
A K&N filter is a waste of money and will rob power from your bike.
Will you see more power from a slip and PC3? Maybe - it won't be much, if any, but it will make your power curve smoother and more managable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-09-2004, 8:00 PM Thread Starter

The nick name comes from playing alot of diablo...and having many ppl with nick just as Hellfire

Thanks, Hellfire666

Last edited by Hellfire666; 03-09-2004 at 8:04 PM.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-09-2004, 8:10 PM
ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116
A slip on won't really do much but change the sound, I don't care which one it is.
A PC3 is always a good thing, and will smooth out the power delivery noticably.
A K&N filter is a waste of money and will rob power from your bike.
Will you see more power from a slip and PC3? Maybe - it won't be much, if any, but it will make your power curve smoother and more managable.
Hey old man, why isn't your age listed under your name?
post #6 of 10 Old 03-09-2004, 9:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Don't tell me my business, devil woman!!
post #7 of 10 Old 03-10-2004, 12:01 AM

Reputation Power: 16

ive just got a Micron Can on my '03 954. i didnt feel any difference in the bike from the stock Can but my new one sounds great i dont have a PC3 because my powercurve is very nice anyway..but ill get one when i get my full exhaust system..if you havnt got your Slip-On Can yet..dont just keep saving until you can get the full system.. im really pissed that i spen 2/3 of a full system on my micron Can and then found out it wouldnt fit on my headers when i got them... and well we live and learn...anyway the blade has plenty power enough for me stock...enjoy
post #8 of 10 Old 03-10-2004, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennyP
...anyway the blade has plenty power enough for me stock...enjoy

Never thought I'd ever say I had enough horsepower, but I'll definitely have to agree with you on this one Brenny.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-10-2004, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennyP
ive just got a Micron Can on my '03 954. i didnt feel any difference in the bike from the stock Can but my new one sounds great i dont have a PC3 because my powercurve is very nice anyway..but ill get one when i get my full exhaust system..if you havnt got your Slip-On Can yet..dont just keep saving until you can get the full system.. im really pissed that i spen 2/3 of a full system on my micron Can and then found out it wouldnt fit on my headers when i got them... and well we live and learn...anyway the blade has plenty power enough for me stock...enjoy

I have a Micron Can as well. The bigest difference that I've noticed is that under 4k RPM's it's not smooth now after that it's great and that sound is awesome. Although I got my bolt on off of e-bay for $250 I can't complain. If hind site is 20/20 I should have waited to and saved a little more for the full system. I plan on getting the Serpent system and a PCIIIR this summer. So for the time being I sure sound and look good.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-10-2004, 3:15 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27

Garage

When I installed the Jardine bolt-on on my 954 the only difference that was apparent would be the sound. I could fool myself into thinking that I picked up a couple of ponies but that probably is not true. The fact that my engine has a few more miles and the lower gearing installed about the same time would probably account for any increase in power perceived.

I would have to bow to Abtech's testing of K&N's filter in the knowledge base. Some would claim that if the bike were properly mapped a K&N filter would show an increase.... looks like Abtech tried and the filter did not produce . I can tell you that I installed a K&N on my XX and it seemed to me there was a loss, I did not have it mapped though.

The hot (or at least warm) set-up used to be; K&N filter, jet kit, timing advancer and full exhaust system. I did this to every bike I owned.... until all of this newfangled fuel injection and computer controlled this and that. But hey what do I know... someone the next county over tried to pass a million dollar bill and a guy from a town an hour south of here is trying to turn the AMA into the WWE.

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page