954 full exhaust cross-fitment? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 09-02-2013, 5:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage
954 full exhaust cross-fitment?

What are the chances that a full system designed for a current production bike (say the 1kRR) would be able to be fit onto my 954? I have been looking for headers and a mid-pipe to go with my can, but so far I have found nothing, not even on fleabay... How hard would it be to bolt-up a 1krr system? I wouldn't be opposed to taking it to a shop to be fit if it didn't cost a fortune, but is it even remotely possible that this is do-able?

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 09-02-2013, 8:11 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: 954 full exhaust cross-fitment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDemon View Post
What are the chances that a full system designed for a current production bike (say the 1kRR) would be able to be fit onto my 954? I have been looking for headers and a mid-pipe to go with my can, but so far I have found nothing, not even on fleabay... How hard would it be to bolt-up a 1krr system? I wouldn't be opposed to taking it to a shop to be fit if it didn't cost a fortune, but is it even remotely possible that this is do-able?

There'd be a slight possibilty for some of the more "generic" engine designs, but the 929/954 has the funny sump design due to the HTEV.
But, if you're wanting to replace the exhaust system for performance reasons, you would want a system designed to breathe on that specific engine design. I'd expect the OEM system to breathe better than even a top-tier aftermarket system designed for a different engine.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 17 Old 09-02-2013, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

^^ and that's why we love that feller!! Cheers Blade, always learning something new from ya!!

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 09-06-2013, 9:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

Just call Hindle and buy a new full system for your bike my friend. no worries then!!! i got mine for less than 1k with a carbon fiber evo can. its super awesome!! i was calling everyone and everywhere looking for a full exhaust. some sites list them but when you call they are gone (never update their site!! ugh....) trust me... just call hindle and tell them what you need and they will run down the prices on the different cans. you wont be disappointed.
post #5 of 17 Old 09-06-2013, 1:04 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

I'd love to see HP/torque curves of the same 954 with a stock header and a decent mid pipe/slip on against a decent full system, both with PCIII's and dyno tuned. I wonder if the difference is significant, you know enough to really feel in the seat of your pants, or is it in your head.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #6 of 17 Old 09-06-2013, 1:06 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj1200rj View Post
I'd love to see HP/torque curves of the same 954 with a stock header and a decent mid pipe/slip on against a decent full system, both with PCIII's and dyno tuned. I wonder if the difference is significant, you know enough to really feel in the seat of your pants, or is it in your head.

I don't have dyno runs but I was originally running a LeoVince half-system on my 929 before I swapped it for the full Akrapovic system - the difference is night and day.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #7 of 17 Old 09-06-2013, 1:08 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
I don't have dyno runs but I was originally running a LeoVince half-system on my 929 before I swapped it for the full Akrapovic system - the difference is night and day.
Mid range, top end, or both? Guess that's why the Akra's command such a high price.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #8 of 17 Old 09-06-2013, 1:16 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Mid range, top end, or both? Guess that's why the Akra's command such a high price.

Top end is red hot with the Akra, midrange was stronger with the LV. The bike would pull from around 7000RPM with the LV, with the Akra I need to keep her above 8000RPM in the turns.

post #9 of 17 Old 09-06-2013, 1:23 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Top end is red hot with the Akra, midrange was stronger with the LV. The bike would pull from around 7000RPM with the LV, with the Akra I need to keep her above 8000RPM in the turns.
Sounds like with the newer 1K exhausts there is less difference. The dyno runs with stock vs. Akra are equally linear, with the Akra being less than 5hp stronger. A lot of money for a few ponies.

post #10 of 17 Old 09-06-2013, 1:25 PM

i can tell you on my 929 it HAD a 2brothers bolt on. I installed a PCII and a full Hindle. worlds of difference everywhere. super street bike did a few articles on freshening up a 954. you should read what they did and the results they got. thats why i went with my setup. plus.... it was impossible to find most any other full exhaust. not to mention for less than 1k. im pleased.
post #11 of 17 Old 09-06-2013, 1:30 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Sounds like with the newer 1K exhausts there is less difference. The dyno runs with stock vs. Akra are equally linear, with the Akra being less than 5hp stronger. A lot of money for a few ponies.

Yes, a proper sportsbike isn't going to make as much improvement from a race exhaust system as the engine is already tuned in an attempt to make maximum output already. The 929/954 are under-tuned for more usable road power in comparison, their hp-per-litre is well down on the racebikes so there is room to make some good gains fairly cheaply.

post #12 of 17 Old 09-06-2013, 2:28 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

I have the older Akras system then Bladeracer which is for the 929 on my 954 and under 4k it feels it's lost little but above it difference was really noticible. I previosly had shortened Devil highpipe slip-on dyno tuned. Whit the Akra i used map from dynojets site so it coud have been even better properly tuned.
post #13 of 17 Old 09-06-2013, 3:09 PM

does your PC have a fuel dump (forget what its actually called) setting on it mika? that helped my lowend out a TON.
post #14 of 17 Old 09-06-2013, 3:10 PM

i think its called a fuel pump accelerator.
post #15 of 17 Old 09-06-2013, 5:12 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_lex View Post
i think its called a fuel pump accelerator.
It's called accelerator pump. At the moment i'm waiting for final parts to arrive so i can start reassembling my motor. Then i will get it tuned on a dyno. So know need to adjust the commender yet

Last edited by mika_u; 09-06-2013 at 5:19 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page