CBR900RRT Jetting - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-06-2013, 6:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

CBR900RRT Jetting

Gents I'm just wondering what people are running with regard to Jetting their 96/97 Blades.
Mine has 115 main jets on all four. I have a Factory Pro Jet kit that reckons standard is 115 outers and 118 inners.

Anyone else running a Factory Pro kit. Also any recommendation on Air Filters I.E. K&N, BMC or Standard ???

I'll be running a standard exhaust by the way, many thanks for your thoughts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-06-2013, 6:18 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: CBR900RRT Jetting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashhart View Post
Gents I'm just wondering what people are running with regard to Jetting their 96/97 Blades.
Mine has 115 main jets on all four. I have a Factory Pro Jet kit that reckons standard is 115 outers and 118 inners.

Anyone else running a Factory Pro kit. Also any recommendation on Air Filters I.E. K&N, BMC or Standard ???

I'll be running a standard exhaust by the way, many thanks for your thoughts

Is there something wrong with your jetting?
It is common to run the centre pair a little richer as they run hotter.
OEM air filter every time.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 5 Old 09-06-2013, 6:21 PM

Reputation Power: 36

I currently am running 120s across the board. Needle 5th clip and adjusted idle air screws
Open header bmc race filter ported head

In your situation I'd stick with oem filter. I'm goin back to it soon. Makes more power than k&n.
The reason for honda doing larger jetting on the inside is for the increased heat from outer cylinders so they richen the two inner ones to compensate for heat.

Leave your jetting alone if stock muffler and header.

Rubber side down, One wheel to the sky for those who we won't forget. R.I.P homies miss you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-06-2013, 7:00 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 9

Reason I'm looking at the jetting is the bike is a 96 RRT originally bought in Florida but imported t the UK new. Hence it's a US 49state bike but I noticed they rund different needles to a UK bike. I also noticed that the diameter of the outlet at the silencer is slightly smaller than a UK spec bike.

The bike has only run 2850 miles from new and is mint. I was going to run it on a dyno for a bog stock reading. Then remove the standard exhaust as its mint, wrap it up for the future and I have a very good condition 99 stainless headers and a brand new UK spec 99 silencer.

I was then going to re jet it with the Factory Pro but wasn't sure about this richer inner cylinders. The jets in mine are all 115s but the inboard needles are different id to the outers so I guess they richened the inners with the different needle however Factory Pro have the same needles 1-4 but quote larger inboard main jets
post #5 of 5 Old 09-06-2013, 10:29 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

If you don't notice any drivability problems (pop on decel, sluggish mid throttle, etc) then I would leave it alone, even if all 4 are 115. Especially if your keeping stock filter and stock exhaust. I've run K&N and a modified dual UNI filter set ups in my 900's, with no ill effects noted either way. I use the Factory Pro kits, and have since the early 90's. They work well for drivability, not so much horsepower gain. They use their own needle design and Genuine Keihin Jets. The others are right, larger mains in 2 and 3 to battle heat soak in those cylinders. Anyway, my 2 cents

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page