954 installed Hindle full system, lost top end - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 10-02-2013, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

954 installed Hindle full system, lost top end

I had the stock system with a two brothers m2 slip on.
Went for the full Hindle system after hearing good things about full systems and Hindles in general. Also have a pc3usb and the flapper removed.

Had it installed professionally from a race shop, and they put a Hindle map on it (dyno is down so they did not custom tune)

I got it back, noticed a slight (very slight) difference down low in the torque dept.

Main thing I noticed was that it VERY easily flew through the rpms now. Im assuming just because theres less back pressure now. When I say very easily, i mean that where I used to be able to be cruising at any particular speed, I woulod be lower a gear, or two, and have room to go. Now it just flies through the rpms to red line and Im not going as fast. Yes, I try to sit at higher rpms to harness the power that I can, but in any particular gear Ill have to be at 11k rpms where I used to be around 4 or 5k.

Maybe my power band just moved up, i dont know, whatever.

My issue is really that now since my bike flies through the rpms (im assuming its related) my top end high speed is just gone. I used to be able to rip through the gears, and by the time i slapped it into 6th I could get up to 160 or so on a straightaway and still have room to increase speed if the road permitted.

Now, even after shifting at the last possible second to get my rpms up to enter 6th gear as fast as I can, I can only see about 150mph wide open, with not much pull left in it. What gives?

I assumed maybe he just scammed me and didnt put a map on. I went online and found a map someone got from a dynojet facility for a full hindle and saved it. When I plugged my bike in, it not only had a new map, but it was the one I had saved as well. So they definitely had at least a pretty good map on there i think.

Does it just need more power commander tuning? I havent noticed any exhaust leaks, and it seems they did a good install with high temp gasket and everything. Unless im going crazy and they somehow messed with the speedo and its reading a slower speed than Im going, but thats a little out there.

Im not sure what to do. The riding season is almost over and I dont want to wait till next season to find out I got screwed or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-03-2013, 12:15 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: 954 installed Hindle full system, lost top end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipe View Post
I had the stock system with a two brothers m2 slip on.
Went for the full Hindle system after hearing good things about full systems and Hindles in general. Also have a pc3usb and the flapper removed.

Had it installed professionally from a race shop, and they put a Hindle map on it (dyno is down so they did not custom tune)

I got it back, noticed a slight (very slight) difference down low in the torque dept.

Main thing I noticed was that it VERY easily flew through the rpms now. Im assuming just because theres less back pressure now. When I say very easily, i mean that where I used to be able to be cruising at any particular speed, I woulod be lower a gear, or two, and have room to go. Now it just flies through the rpms to red line and Im not going as fast. Yes, I try to sit at higher rpms to harness the power that I can, but in any particular gear Ill have to be at 11k rpms where I used to be around 4 or 5k.

Maybe my power band just moved up, i dont know, whatever.

My issue is really that now since my bike flies through the rpms (im assuming its related) my top end high speed is just gone. I used to be able to rip through the gears, and by the time i slapped it into 6th I could get up to 160 or so on a straightaway and still have room to increase speed if the road permitted.

Now, even after shifting at the last possible second to get my rpms up to enter 6th gear as fast as I can, I can only see about 150mph wide open, with not much pull left in it. What gives?

I assumed maybe he just scammed me and didnt put a map on. I went online and found a map someone got from a dynojet facility for a full hindle and saved it. When I plugged my bike in, it not only had a new map, but it was the one I had saved as well. So they definitely had at least a pretty good map on there i think.

Does it just need more power commander tuning? I havent noticed any exhaust leaks, and it seems they did a good install with high temp gasket and everything. Unless im going crazy and they somehow messed with the speedo and its reading a slower speed than Im going, but thats a little out there.

Im not sure what to do. The riding season is almost over and I dont want to wait till next season to find out I got screwed or something.

Try some different maps.
You haven't altered your gearing?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 15 Old 10-03-2013, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Try some different maps.
You haven't altered your gearing?
nope. was thinking about it but didnt wanna lose top end!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-03-2013, 12:28 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
nope. was thinking about it but didnt wanna lose top end!

Clutch isn't slipping?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 15 Old 10-03-2013, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Clutch isn't slipping?
nope. recently changed clutch cable too. clutch never had probs besides cable
post #6 of 15 Old 10-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
nope. recently changed clutch cable too. clutch never had probs besides cable

How recently?
Try backing off the adjuster.

post #7 of 15 Old 10-03-2013, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
How recently?
Try backing off the adjuster.
Its backed out pretty good. Maybe a new return spring or stronger return spring would make sure that it gets all the way back? Ill spray it with some lube but its adjusted pretty well i believe.
post #8 of 15 Old 10-03-2013, 6:44 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

I've heard of them spinning up easier after some good mods, but never of loosing speed associated with the mods. Just like lightening engine parts would allow it to rev up quicker- but your speed would increase at the same rate v. rpm as before. Let me know what you find out about this one! Very interesting and scary as I was thinking about getting a full Hindle system myself!

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #9 of 15 Old 10-03-2013, 7:08 PM Thread Starter

I'll let you you know after another high speed rub, if the weather ever gives me another good day to ride soon. I'd hate to call them back and have then tell me I was crazy, because I dint want to pay any more, and not having the stock exhaust put back on
post #10 of 15 Old 10-03-2013, 11:34 PM

Reputation Power: 17

i recall dyno charts where full hindle increased torque across the entire rpm range

you might read map out of the pc3 and compare against correct map on pwr commander website

...2bits
post #11 of 15 Old 10-04-2013, 1:47 AM Thread Starter

I don't believe they have a map for the 954 with a full hindle listed. some thread on here or another forum had a guy that took his into a dynojet facility and they gave him one for free since one was not available. he posted it and I took it. it happened to be the same one they put on mine as well.
post #12 of 15 Old 10-04-2013, 3:04 AM

Garage

I would just run the two bros or akra full maps available from power commander website. You never know what conditions his map was made under. Could be severely higher or lower altitude, different mods, hard to say. Try out other full exhaust maps from Power Commander and see if any of them feel better. Easy enough to swap maps out!

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #13 of 15 Old 10-04-2013, 3:43 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
I don't believe they have a map for the 954 with a full hindle listed. some thread on here or another forum had a guy that took his into a dynojet facility and they gave him one for free since one was not available. he posted it and I took it. it happened to be the same one they put on mine as well.

You don't need a Hindle map, try a bunch of different maps until you find one you like.

post #14 of 15 Old 10-04-2013, 7:25 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 57

Garage

There is a map on powercommander.com for a 954 full hindle system. Its not bad either. I ran it on my bike before having it custom tuned and the peak HP numbers didn't change from the baseline run to the final map. The changes were made in the low to midrange rpms to smooth out dips in the downloadable map.

SOLD: 03 CBR954
post #15 of 15 Old 10-05-2013, 3:08 AM

Garage

Well, I will say that you will never get the map right and it'll always seem slower and horrible! You should just pull the exhaust off and switch me out for my stock exhaust with a two-bros carbon bolt-on =) I'll even throw some cash your way =P

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Tags
954 , full hindle , hindle exhaust , pc3 tune , top end

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page