H I S S Problem or Key . - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-07-2013, 6:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

H I S S Problem or Key .

Hi folks , after 10 years away from bikes I have purchased an old 2001 fireblade Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0511.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	760.7 KB
ID:	57462

Apart from being 10 years older (45) and wiser I am doing ok back on a bike and even the hip pain cramp type thing is getting better after only the 4th time out .

I do however have a problem that seems to be getting worse, my HISS light is getting more and more reluctant to come on, when it does light up green with the ignition being turned on, the pump fires up and it starts straight away.

Unfortunately when I now turn the ignition on I have no light and no pump so no go. Could this be my key ? I only have one key and do need to get another.

I have tried wriggling wires on the barrel but to no affect .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-07-2013, 6:37 PM

Reputation Power: 113

Re: H I S S Problem or Key .

Could be the key, the sensor ring, the wiring of the ring, or the ECU itself. First step is to make sure all electrical connections are clean and tight. And DEFINITELY get another key made - if you lose that one it means forking out for a paired key and ECU (which isn't cheap).

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-07-2013, 7:05 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Yes , I will go through the connections at the weekend and see how I get on, wasn't actually sure if the key transponder could fail so I guess that is a possibility . I will get hold of Honda this week and order a key although I am guessing they will need the bike to code it , lets hope I get it started :-) .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-07-2013, 7:43 PM

Reputation Power: 113

Best place to get a key is on ebay. I got a couple sent in from China for about 5 quid a piece, as opposed to the 40 quid Honda wanted each. Just get em cut at a locksmith's place then. You can either code em yourself using a home made lead (search the site for instructions), or it'll take a dealer about a half hour to do it for ya.

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page