03 954 problems - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-15-2013, 7:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

03 954 problems

So I picked up an 03 954 2 months ago, it wasn't running but I knew it ran. I found loose bolts and hoses so I went through everything to make sure it was right. I got it running decent and wrapped it to 9 grand, it started running like crap and idled like crap then died. Tried starting it again and it didn't start. I took the plugs out cleaned them and it started. Then hit 9 grand and the same thing. I got new plugs and it ran great for a bit and the same thing! So I put a different fuel rail and injectors from my spare motor and nothing still. So next a new fuel pump, still not fixed. I checked for spark, I checked the timing all seemed fine, fuel lines are not pinched. I have not even had the pleasure to ride it yet and I'm running out of patience! If anyone has ideas, suggestions or an answer I'd really appreciate it! Thanks a ton- big kuntry- NM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-15-2013, 8:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage
Re: 03 954 problems

Were the plugs wet? Or carbon fouled? Was the bike smoking? You may want to read up on checking the FPR.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #3 of 4 Old 10-15-2013, 8:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Carbon fouled and the bike was smoking but not bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-16-2013, 12:28 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGKUNTRYBLOX View Post
So I picked up an 03 954 2 months ago, it wasn't running but I knew it ran. I found loose bolts and hoses so I went through everything to make sure it was right. I got it running decent and wrapped it to 9 grand, it started running like crap and idled like crap then died. Tried starting it again and it didn't start. I took the plugs out cleaned them and it started. Then hit 9 grand and the same thing. I got new plugs and it ran great for a bit and the same thing! So I put a different fuel rail and injectors from my spare motor and nothing still. So next a new fuel pump, still not fixed. I checked for spark, I checked the timing all seemed fine, fuel lines are not pinched. I have not even had the pleasure to ride it yet and I'm running out of patience! If anyone has ideas, suggestions or an answer I'd really appreciate it! Thanks a ton- big kuntry- NM

Check the fuel pressure regulator.
You are using fresh fuel I assume?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page