93' CBR900RR Radiator....wth?? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-28-2013, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

93' CBR900RR Radiator....wth??

I traded my cruiser bike for this cbr. Everything seemed to be in order until I really started looking at it. My bike has not overheated at all, however I am 100% sure that my radiator isn't working. I am brand new to this kind of bike. and usually when I have a problem I just take it to the shop. but does this look pretty bad? I guess I should've googled it first before posting it in this forum but maybe someone may have an idea what I should do or how to test to see if and how the radiator is getting power. idk. maybe you'll get a laugh at it..lol. anyways. here's a few pics. not trying to waist anyone's time here, just a newbie to this bike and am wanting to fix this up myself. thx.
Attached Thumbnails
radiatorforjasonsbike1.jpg‎   radiatorforjasonsbike2.jpg‎   radiatorforjasonsbike3.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-28-2013, 12:12 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: 93' CBR900RR Radiator....wth??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjones2316 View Post
I traded my cruiser bike for this cbr. Everything seemed to be in order until I really started looking at it. My bike has not overheated at all, however I am 100% sure that my radiator isn't working. I am brand new to this kind of bike. and usually when I have a problem I just take it to the shop. but does this look pretty bad? I guess I should've googled it first before posting it in this forum but maybe someone may have an idea what I should do or how to test to see if and how the radiator is getting power. idk. maybe you'll get a laugh at it..lol. anyways. here's a few pics. not trying to waist anyone's time here, just a newbie to this bike and am wanting to fix this up myself. thx.

What do you mean that the radiator is not getting "power"?
It doesn't need power.
In the pic is the fan switch.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 8 Old 10-28-2013, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

ok...like I said idk what the heck that was, my fan is not working either, is there a way to see if the radiator is working? and the fan? my bike has not overheated but the day I made the trade, it was overheating and I said to the guy I traded to that I didn't want a bike that overheats on me. wth? he told me that it was air cooled and that when I drove it would cool the bike off, and it did and it still does. but if the fan isn't working im sure the radiator must be shot too especially on the day I made the trade when I was overheating. I also heard there was a water cooler inside the bike way down? just curious on how to check these things?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-28-2013, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

I must sound like a dumb a** but I didn't even look under the bike I just rode it and loved it, I was just glad to get rid of the intruder I was constantly having carb issues with.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-28-2013, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

would you happen to know where I can go to download a free manual for this bike?
post #6 of 8 Old 10-28-2013, 12:27 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
ok...like I said idk what the heck that was, my fan is not working either, is there a way to see if the radiator is working? and the fan? my bike has not overheated but the day I made the trade, it was overheating and I said to the guy I traded to that I didn't want a bike that overheats on me. wth? he told me that it was air cooled and that when I drove it would cool the bike off, and it did and it still does. but if the fan isn't working im sure the radiator must be shot too especially on the day I made the trade when I was overheating. I also heard there was a water cooler inside the bike way down? just curious on how to check these things?

The radiator doesn't "work" exactly, the coolant simply flows through it and air passing through the radiator core sucks the heat away.
It's not "air-cooled", but the radiator does rely on air flowing through it.
Connect 12V directly to the fan to determine if it works. If it does then you need to reconnect it to the thermo switch, or put a manual switch on it.
There is no water cooler, perhaps you mean the water pump?
I would strongly suggest you get yourself a Haynes manual for the bike.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #7 of 8 Old 10-28-2013, 12:29 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
would you happen to know where I can go to download a free manual for this bike?

Google would be the place to start for an illegal copy of the manual, or simply buy one off Ebay.

post #8 of 8 Old 10-28-2013, 1:04 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the info. not trying to get anything illegally. lol. ill just order one.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Tags
radiator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page