900RR Rebound Adjuster woes - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-23-2014, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

900RR Rebound Adjuster woes

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if I could get your opinions on the state of the rebound adjusters on my 900RR. When I first picked up the bike all the suspension settings were different on just about every component, not even the forks were adjusted the same. In the course of resetting the rebound adjuster the fitting just sheared off (as can be seen in the pics). At the time I should of tweaked that it was hard to turn and was indicative of a problem but I'm a noob .

Long story short I've never serviced the forks (and I don't think the previous owner ever did either) which seems clearly in order and I'm wondering what it is going to take to fix the rebound adjuster. Am I better off just trying to source some 2nd hand forks and clean them up or just replace the whole rebound damper component?

Sorry if this has been covered before but I've been struggling to find anyone who has had a similar issue via googling.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide!

P.S. plus a stupid question, is there a better tool than a flat blade screw driver for adjusting these things or ??

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
photo 1.JPG‎   photo 2.JPG‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-24-2014, 8:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 77

Re: 900RR Rebound Adjuster woes

Oh no thats a shame.. You have to be very careful with the adjusters.. Long blade screwdriver normally does the trick when they are moving freely.

I would try and find some new fork internals rather than replace the whole thing.. Ebay perhaps you could by a slightly bent leg cheap and nick the parts you need?

Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/2ISgxtQXs9o

My 900RR Winter Project
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html
post #3 of 5 Old 01-25-2014, 4:51 PM

Reputation Power: 6

+1 for some second hand internals.

I have just finished rebuilding my forks and the adjusters were really tight until I could get in and clean them up and drop a little bit of silicone spray in there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-26-2014, 3:25 PM

Reputation Power: 9

Sounds like a good excuse to get a smart new re-valve by a professional. I've got full K Tech front internals in mine and a Nitron Track rear shock. Getting smart suspension is really beneficial
post #5 of 5 Old 05-14-2016, 7:11 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Similar story , resetting the suspension to standard after buying the bike , the rear shock rebound screw was tight but a bit of silicon spray loosed it up . But all it does is turn turn turn and not seat ? Any advise?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page