new bike new here help? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 01-25-2014, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

new bike new here help?

new here, just picked up my first sportbike last week its a cbr900RRs ? whats the s for? ive heard of cbr900RR but not RRs, well anyways how do you upload pics? i need some help with wiring and other stuff, i see nowhere to hook up a rear breaklight i have a red led strip light on the rear and turn signals but no rear brake light, also need some help on wiring today my speedo randomly started bouncing, im familar with cars but not so much bikes, in my old integra the speedo would bounce in neutral or revving like how my bike is but it was a ground wire that wasnt hooked up properly help anyone? ill post pics of her as soon as i find out how, i started polishing her today. her name is bitch cause shes my bitch and does what i want
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 01-25-2014, 1:14 AM Thread Starter

Re: new bike new here help?

pics of her. need new fairings and a headlight the guy i got it from treated her like **** idk what kind of plastics are on it but its hideous. i he cut the rear plastic and duct taped a seat on. also does the battery lie down flat under the rear seat?
Attached Thumbnails
cbr.jpg‎   cbr9.jpg‎   cbr900.jpg‎   polished cbr.jpg‎  

polished.jpg‎  
post #3 of 31 Old 01-25-2014, 1:16 AM Thread Starter

as you can see in the last picture my harness looks like crap i ordered a manual for it already but have to wait for it to come in if someone can help me till then it would b great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 01-28-2014, 5:13 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy559 View Post
new here, just picked up my first sportbike last week its a cbr900RRs ? whats the s for? ive heard of cbr900RR but not RRs, well anyways how do you upload pics? i need some help with wiring and other stuff, i see nowhere to hook up a rear breaklight i have a red led strip light on the rear and turn signals but no rear brake light, also need some help on wiring today my speedo randomly started bouncing, im familar with cars but not so much bikes, in my old integra the speedo would bounce in neutral or revving like how my bike is but it was a ground wire that wasnt hooked up properly help anyone? ill post pics of her as soon as i find out how, i started polishing her today. her name is bitch cause shes my bitch and does what i want

The S indicates the '95 model year.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 31 Old 01-29-2014, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

alright cool thanks, well i guess ima use this thread as a place to keep updates of my bike....hope ppl comment and help me with technical issues i might encounter
post #6 of 31 Old 01-29-2014, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

previous owner had ductape and foam pad for the seat he also cut the hell out the rear piece so there wasnt enough to salvage so i got a old t shirt for now and pop riveted it on for now since im broke and its going to b a stunt bike practicing on it almost daily, also cleaned up the harness so its not hanging how it was in previous pic but everything is still connected, what you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
wiring job.jpg‎   seat.jpg‎  
post #7 of 31 Old 01-29-2014, 12:51 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
previous owner had ductape and foam pad for the seat he also cut the hell out the rear piece so there wasnt enough to salvage so i got a old t shirt for now and pop riveted it on for now since im broke and its going to b a stunt bike practicing on it almost daily, also cleaned up the harness so its not hanging how it was in previous pic but everything is still connected, what you guys think?

Has it got a 17" front wheel?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #8 of 31 Old 01-29-2014, 1:22 AM

I actually think the fairing with the small headlights looks pretty sweet. A shiny new paint job and you will have something different.
post #9 of 31 Old 01-29-2014, 1:55 PM Thread Starter

yes it does blade racer, chrisjlaw the headlights are autozone lol they are cheap looking and tacky the holes were also cut by the previous owner and they arent even round its choppy, i couldnt turn much either because the fairing so i cut some of it off ima replace them anyways, i hit it with fresh black paint but ima get new fairings soon i just want to be in the wind now lol
post #10 of 31 Old 01-29-2014, 8:09 PM Thread Starter

so shes not starting! im pretty sure my fuel pump died, tried another and she still kept dying, she would start with choke on but died as soon as i took off the choke, also the turn signal fuse thing keeps clicking?? i just wanna ride i hope someone can help me out, been hella depressed lately and riding is my only escape!
post #11 of 31 Old 01-29-2014, 10:14 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
so shes not starting! im pretty sure my fuel pump died, tried another and she still kept dying, she would start with choke on but died as soon as i took off the choke, also the turn signal fuse thing keeps clicking?? i just wanna ride i hope someone can help me out, been hella depressed lately and riding is my only escape!

Bypass the pump, but my guess is the carbs need stripping and cleaning.
What do you mean it "keeps clicking"? As soon as you turn the key on?
Is the battery charged up?

post #12 of 31 Old 01-29-2014, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

do i need a rebuild kit or just take them apart clean them and re adjust them? as soon as i turn the key on it sounds like i got the turn signal on but they arent?
post #13 of 31 Old 01-29-2014, 10:58 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
do i need a rebuild kit or just take them apart clean them and re adjust them? as soon as i turn the key on it sounds like i got the turn signal on but they arent?

I think you can buy aftermarket kits but they probably just need cleaning.
Strip out all the jets, chokes, float valves and mixture screws and clean everything with carb cleaner and compressed air, making sure that carb cleaner flows through all of the orifices as it should.
Shouldn't need any adjustments.
Hook up a fuel supply before installing them and make sure they don't leak when held as they would be positioned on the engine. Then tilt them each way until they overflow and confirm that they stop overflowing when you right them again.
No idea about the relay, is the battery charged?

post #14 of 31 Old 01-29-2014, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

yes the battery is charged the bike was running fine before a couple days ago, i was riding and it randomly stopped working pretty sure fuel pump gave out cause it wouldnt take any throttle at all it would die as soon as i give it gas. still doing the same thing
post #15 of 31 Old 01-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
yes the battery is charged the bike was running fine before a couple days ago, i was riding and it randomly stopped working pretty sure fuel pump gave out cause it wouldnt take any throttle at all it would die as soon as i give it gas. still doing the same thing

Then bypass the pump.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page