Power Commander V now available for 929 & 954 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 01-31-2014, 8:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 56

Garage
Power Commander V now available for 929 & 954

NEW Releases for Honda Fireblades!

NEW Power Commander V for Fireblades:
Now available for older model CBR Fireblades, the Power Commander V has the most features and highest resolution maps of any fuel tuner available.

Part #: 16-047 Fits: 2000-01 CBR 929 RR Fireblade
Part #: 16-048 Fits: 2002-03 CBR 954 RR Fireblade

New releases for Honda Fireblades!

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...rcommander%20V

SOLD: 03 CBR954

Last edited by backdoc; 01-31-2014 at 8:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

Re: Power Commander V now available for 929 & 954

good looking out! i however wont be getting one. just street riding and i have just a PC map from their site in my PCIII. without a custom tune i doubt id notice all that much just doing street riding on my 929. but a great option for anyone who hasnt bought a PCIII yet i guess! let me know if my assessment is incorrect. be careful out there guys!
post #3 of 8 Old 02-01-2014, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 10

I will be looking into one of these when my build is all done along with the auto tune. I am going to be running a under belly exhaust and completely remove the htev along with the flappers and running a k&n filter so I will definitely need a PC. The auto tune will allow me to stay out of the dyno shop and spending extra money if and when I do any engine upgrades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-04-2014, 8:46 PM

Reputation Power: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by msebastianCBR View Post
I will be looking into one of these when my build is all done along with the auto tune. I am going to be running a under belly exhaust and completely remove the htev along with the flappers and running a k&n filter so I will definitely need a PC. The auto tune will allow me to stay out of the dyno shop and spending extra money if and when I do any engine upgrades.
What happens if the fuel ratio you input into the "auto-tune" is not the optimum for your set up and you have areas in the tune your not happy with. I'd like to buy one as well and be done with dyno runs but the shops I've taken them to like to have the bike for a few days so they can take it out, let it cool, then take it out again. Put it back on the Dyno, do a few tweaks, etc., etc. before they turn it over to me. At first I was reluctant as I did not want to leave my bike to have it trashed by the dyno tuner, but after I came down from my cloud I realized that might be the only way to get it done properly. And I'm still not sure this is the right way to go. I'd like to hear input from others as I plan on doing a few more mods.
Bob
post #5 of 8 Old 02-04-2014, 9:22 PM

Reputation Power: 26

I'm wondering if the difference between the PC3 serial and the 5 warrants the purchase... I will be getting a dynotune soon and wonder if the difference would be noticeably better, so much so that it is worth 380 bucks...
post #6 of 8 Old 05-16-2015, 9:24 AM

Reputation Power: 0

I had the pc111r on my 02 954, changed it to the pcv and honestly I haven't noticed much of a difference, in fact I had better numbers with the pc111r and both were custom tuned. If you're bike runs good with what you currently have leave alone!

I have some info that I can share with you if you are still interested in making the purchase of the PCV that not many people know about. PM me if you would the info.

DJ
post #7 of 8 Old 05-19-2015, 8:42 AM

Reputation Power: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERION929 View Post
What happens if the fuel ratio you input into the "auto-tune" is not the optimum for your set up and you have areas in the tune your not happy with. I'd like to buy one as well and be done with dyno runs but the shops I've taken them to like to have the bike for a few days so they can take it out, let it cool, then take it out again. Put it back on the Dyno, do a few tweaks, etc., etc. before they turn it over to me. At first I was reluctant as I did not want to leave my bike to have it trashed by the dyno tuner, but after I came down from my cloud I realized that might be the only way to get it done properly. And I'm still not sure this is the right way to go. I'd like to hear input from others as I plan on doing a few more mods.
Bob
You can set the fuel-ratio manually, too. Works beautifully for my bike at least.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-19-2015, 8:40 PM

Reputation Power: 7

Garage

So anyone getting rid of their PC3 then? hehehe im interested.

Kevin
2001 Honda CBR 929rr Repsol Edition (Arielle)
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...back-life.html

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page