Harris Racing Rear Sets - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-23-2014, 9:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Harris Racing Rear Sets

Anybody have any experience with these? I see they still manufacture rearsets for the early blades (mine is a 95') and wanted to know if anyone has experience with them. Thanks!

http://www.harris-performance.com/ac...00%2d02%2ehtml

Last edited by CarlSagan; 03-23-2014 at 9:09 PM. Reason: Error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-24-2014, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

Re: Harris Racing Rear Sets

Yes sir! I've had mine for almost 4 years now, the only hassle is if you break a peg or toe spigot, you have to order from Harris in UK. They have no US distributors. But they deliver pretty quick, it just takes a big swallow to ante up for their ridiculously expensive shipping and tax.

post #3 of 8 Old 03-24-2014, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
Yes sir! I've had mine for almost 4 years now, the only hassle is if you break a peg or toe spigot, you have to order from Harris in UK. They have no US distributors. But they deliver pretty quick, it just takes a big swallow to ante up for their ridiculously expensive shipping and tax.

How are they comfort wise? I've never owned a bike with rearsets before. I'm looking for anything that will alleviate my back pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-24-2014, 2:08 PM

Well, the riding position of a RC51 already puts you into the pretzel position! I'm not familiar with the ergo of a 900. So I really have no idea if you will get more or less leg room. But they're adjustable so I imagine you can find a comfortable position with a little experimenting.
You can also lift the bike with them, since the pegs don't fold. That can be handy.
And the pegs are designed to be the sheer point. So if you go down, the (affordable) pegs break, leaving enough thread to use a bolt for a temporary peg, and the rest of the body of the rearset is undamaged. I know, my bike has had three wrecks, two on the right side, one on the left, and all three times, it's the pegs that break and the rest of the rearset is untouched.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-28-2014, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

I guess I'm just looking for ways to make my ride a bit more comfortable for the long haul. i'm not looking to change the handlebars or put risers however.

any thoughts?
post #6 of 8 Old 03-29-2014, 1:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

Right off the bat I would say invest in a Corbin or Sargent seat! I recently got to test one out (unfortunately not on my 954), they are definitely worth the money. That will at least help keep some strain off your arse on longer rides. Rear sets are nice, but most of the time they are purchased to increase ground clearance by moving the pegs up and back (more sportier position) for track use. Not sure if they would have a "more-comfortable" setting on them v. stock rests. Other than that a slightly taller windscreen can help you from taking a wind-beating.... always an issue on my 140mph cruises down the interstate =(

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #7 of 8 Old 03-30-2014, 6:03 PM

^

Keep your stock seat tho, for track days. I cant use my sargent seat for serious hard riding. Great for long trips tho. Comfort.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-01-2014, 1:25 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

^^ Forgot about that. You won't get much for your stock seat on fleabay anyway, so it is better kept around for harder riding days or track days. Couldn't say how the sargent or corbin does as I was on another person's bike, so I took it very easy.

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page