Will Honda throw us a winner in 2017? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 05-08-2014, 9:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Will Honda throw us a winner in 2017?

So I ask this question for two reasons. One, because the Fireblade is ultimately my favorite motorcycle out there. I started riding on an 87' Honda CBR 600 Hurricane, have owned two 600RR's and an 85' Interceptor. By heart I am a Honda guy. I have a hidden love for the Triumph 675r but that's a different story.
Secondly, I ask this question because in 2017, it will be the 25th anniversary for this engineering phenomenon. Is it better overall than a BMW S1000RR? Technically no, but then again who rides a motorcycle flat out everywhere as a daily driver? Certainly not me unless it's my track bike.
What should we expect from Honda in 2017? Should we expect a WSBK destroyer? A MotoGP inspired racer? I'd love to hear everyone's opinion and even their desires for this bike. Keep in mind, this is nearly 4 years down the road, so new technology is surely to arise in the meantime. Thanks for posting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-08-2014, 9:58 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage
Re: Will Honda throw us a winner in 2017?

Great post/question. I too started on a Hurricane 600. And since have owned 2 93 900RR's, the original Baba designs. I too am a Honda guy to the fullest. Have owned 3 different honda cars, 3 mowers, weed trimmer, generator, bikes, snowblower, tiller, and worked for my local Honda dealer. I love the fit and finish and dedication to refinement over brute force. I want a 1000cc v-4 RCV inspired sport bike to be the ultimate 25th anniversary release. However I want it AFFORDABLE. None of this RC30/45 unobtanium for the working man. I need a $10-12k bike that will have 2017 and beyond technology, but need it dumbed down to a mass release, street worthy, rideable wonder. Basically what the 900 did when it came out. Mass centralization, big power and torque, light weight, and flickable. But no gimmicks as in the 16" front wheel.

And to back up my need for a v-4; narrow design, power everywhere. Not just between 10 and 14k rpm. I mean grunt from 4k to redline. We all know v-4 power is linear and I think it's great to have on tap no matter where you're needle is on the tach. I remember I went from my Hurricane to the new VFR750 in 93 on a demo ride. No hit of power anywhere. It felt gutless. It was all there all the time (but seemed like it was never there lol). Make it scream, make it fast, make it light, make it turn, make it stop, make it trick, make it buyable. That's all I got boys and girls.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #3 of 10 Old 05-08-2014, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

You and I see eye to eye on many levels my friend! I too have a Honda mower and a Honda Civic Coupe. (in black of course) Also, I totally agree with refinement over piddling every piece of horse power in the stable. I enjoyed the fact that they focused on mass centralization in 08' and still hold that as a part of their philosophy. As far as the V4 goes, yeah I agree, I could see that being the engine for the bike.
As far as the price goes I could see it being more in the 15k range for a number of reasons. First and foremost, inflation, hahah. Secondly I think market demand will allow Honda to raise the price. Honestly I would pay 15k for the 25th anniversary bike with a v4. It's the first V4 superbike Honda makes and a 25th anniversary edition will hold it's value. (Even though I wouldn't sell it!)
I worry about traction control but I wouldn't doubt that they'll give us the option to turn it on and off. I'd like them to sculpt the bike to maintain that Honda simplicity (even though superbikes are technologically monstrous) and functionality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-09-2014, 2:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 77

2017! I think the new bike will be next year... The sp came out as the final pinicle for the current model this year and a completely new bike for next they have too! The current design is a fantastic bike but it's 6 years old now so I would be very suprised if there's not something new next year, yam are supposedly releasing a new r1 2015 so I suspect honda will follow suit.

Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/2ISgxtQXs9o

My 900RR Winter Project
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html
post #5 of 10 Old 05-25-2014, 3:57 PM Thread Starter

Thats a good point! The R1 will definitely be a new competitor on all levels.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-25-2014, 7:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 50

Strange times we are living through. The demographic of motorcyle owners get older with the passing of the years, not enough young blood coming into the fold, blame ever more stringent regulations, cheap cars, poor image, whatever. Sales of sport bikes have plummeted, but performance expectations have risen to the point that a mass market manufacturer has to look carefully at the cost / benefit returns. Older riders, those with the disposable income, are finding it harder to wrap themselves around ever tinier chassis with ever more uncompromising power outputs. So they are choosing cruisers, or GS BMW's. What makes you think that Honda are going to invest millions of Yen on a state of the art RR when they can make far more profit from frugal commuters?
Honda caught a massive cold with the VFR 1200, its an answer to a question no-one asked. The Blackbird does most of the VFR's job quite nicely thank you. Flagship designs cost a fortune, money that Honda is looking at very carefully. They have a car range that is flagging in sales, that is where corporate Honda is concentrating its efforts, motorcycles are taking a very poor second place at the moment.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-25-2014, 7:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 10

Send a message via Yahoo to letsride

I am hoping for the new V4 to arrive in 2015.I actually have the deposit for it.I'm due for a new bike and would love it to be here in 2015.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-27-2014, 10:27 AM

Reputation Power: 9

I for sure, think Honda will stun the world....
until that day here is a picture of my V4 Honda its a 1998 800cc injection custom model i put together and i love this bike as much as my blade its had everything done to it for handling i.e rear shock and ohlins front internals
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG1386.jpg‎  
post #9 of 10 Old 05-27-2014, 2:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 77

There is also planned a whole new BMW S1000RR next year ive heard.. Honda better be taking note..

Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/2ISgxtQXs9o

My 900RR Winter Project
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html
post #10 of 10 Old 05-27-2014, 3:07 PM

Reputation Power: 36

I think honda has really lost their edge. With all the competition from bmw and kawi
honda has been behind the curve for few years now. I love old honda from 90s early 00s
Local dealer here had a new cbr1000 sat on showroom floor for over a year! Sold at cost to another dealer someplace else.
They couldnt sell it. Its ugly and lacking in brakes and styling suspension everything compared to the new gsxr and kawis. Yes kawi zx10 is like 3 grand more but its a better bike all around.
Honda will have to make great strides for me to buy a brandnew cbr anytime soon.
Now if they remake the 9r with like 150hp and 360lbs wet id buy that :-)

But would love to see another big v4 brute hit the market. Incredible power and torque all thru rpm.

Honda has piss poor excues for crf250 i hate them. Id race any them against my 99xr250!! Crf lost their mind wanting overhauls every track race or 20hours. Thats rediculous. What happened to theold bullet proof machines they used to build? Seems to me after 00s that really fell off.

Ill always ride a honda and own honda but dont see their worth the money anymore unless its an old bike. When they really built dependable engines.

Rubber side down, One wheel to the sky for those who we won't forget. R.I.P homies miss you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page