CBR 929 Ebay Projectors Devil Eyes/Angel Eyes HID kit Install/Review (Pic heavy) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-09-2014, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

CBR 929 Ebay Projectors Devil Eyes/Angel Eyes HID kit Install/Review (Pic heavy)

So I just got done installing a kit I bought off of ebay with 3.0in projectors 6000k hids, blue demon eyes, and white angle eyes. The quality of the projectors are excellent especially for the price I paid on ebay. The ballast quality also seems excellent, but it is hard to tell with them. No tools are needed to install the projectors. They fit right into the stock circle cutouts and have anchor nuts that tighten by hand. No cutting required. I also used a sticky tape and mounted the ballast to the frame under the intake ducts.

I wired a switch I got a radio shack which shuts the low beams off so the demon eyes are visible. Once the hids come on you can no longer see the demon eyes. I installed the switch in the plastic under the seat near the battery. You can see the wires running under the gas tank to the switch.

This is the kit I bought
3" Car Bi Xenon Universal HID Projector Lens Kit Angel Devil Eye H1 H4 H7 35W AC | eBay

The install was pretty easy besides I had to repin the relay harness and move the wires around after a few days of trying to figure out why they wouldnt work. The harness was very easy to repin, took maybe a minute. Below there is a schematic I drew up which might help

Put them in the oven and split them. Looked up time and temp from previous post on here.

Painted the housing black and installed projectors

Correct color match for H/L relay harness

Schematic

Wires bundled up (Ended up removing the zip tie from the clutch line, not a good idea)

Running wires from main relay which connects to battery to front of bike

Blue eyes are much more blue in person, the entire bulb is blue, couldnt capture it on camera

Low beams on

Cutoff, not against a flat wall but you get the idea

Very happy with the quality of the projecters. The high beams are just a metal flap that opens and lets out more light. Everyone who sees my bike now says it looks like a whole new bike.

01 929

Last edited by socci; 03-14-2015 at 2:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-10-2014, 12:04 AM

Reputation Power: 36

Re: CBR 929 Ebay Projectors Devil Eyes/Angel Eyes HID kit Install/Review (Pic heavy)

Nice. Man, they look great.
Was there a whole lot of wire to hide? Seems like there is a lot

Rubber side down, One wheel to the sky for those who we won't forget. R.I.P homies miss you.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-10-2014, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Re: CBR 929 Ebay Projectors Devil Eyes/Angel Eyes HID kit Install/Review (Pic heavy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900rrHonda View Post
Nice. Man, they look great.
Was there a whole lot of wire to hide? Seems like there is a lot
Yea honestly bundling and securing the wires was the most time consuming part of the process. I took a bunch of pictures, but I ended up moving most of it once I put the fenders back on so I didnt bother posting them. Sitting on the bike you can see a good majority of them if you are looking down at the speedo. That would be such a pain to avoid though. I just wrapped them in bundles with electrical tape so it isnt as noticeable.

01 929
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-10-2014, 1:03 AM

Reputation Power: 36

Not alot of places to hide it on sport bikes.
I shall see tho im gonna order halo for my gsxr. Wanted it on my9r but had sealed glass headlight and wasnt a easy option.

Rubber side down, One wheel to the sky for those who we won't forget. R.I.P homies miss you.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-13-2014, 10:30 PM

Reputation Power: 0

yes thats nice man
post #6 of 6 Old 05-13-2014, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt97900cbr View Post
yes thats nice man
Thanks, the blue eyes look nice during the day and there is so much more light on the road now with the hids. The only problem I noticed is when taking turns I dont have any light shining in the direction I am going until my headlights are facing straight forward (if that makes any sense) Im thinking maybe I can point them downward more to get the wide part of the beam closer to the bike. Right now directly in front of the bike there is no light then maybe a foot later the light touches the road and the beam is narrow which widens very wide as it shoots further down the road.

EDIT: Looking at pictures of other projector setups it seems like that is normal, but I still think lowering them will help. Plus my cutoff is really high, seems like it must be pointing directly in drivers eyes.

01 929

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page